x

Block Clients

Verified Answer
Beta Member

Block Clients

We really need the ability to block certain clients from scheduling.  No just declining them. There are those finding ways around the decline by utilizing another email address etc. Thank you

6 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients

This forum doesn't seem to work getting this feature to the proper channels. It for the customer to feel like they are getting some where but they are not. Maybe start to go to twitter and call them out because at this point Square has shown that they are NOT for solo practitioners and their safety! It has been YEARS of this now. YEARS!!! 35 pages of this request up to this point.  Look into GlossGenius for booking if you are a esthetician or massage therapist.  

Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients

Agreed! This has been one of the features missing. I used to use an online booking system that allowed you to toggle or “turn off” booking ability for that client specifically. I typically don’t have an issue with clients booking online but when they are not a fit with my business anymore and can’t respect my time, it’s necessary. This is a feature that is needed, regardless of no show protection being in place. 

Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients - Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hi all 👋 Apologies for the delayed response here but I have returned with some insight from the Square Appointments Product Team! I'll share what they've told me below:

"We don’t have a specific feature for this yet but it’s on our roadmap this year. H
owever, many of our Appointments Sellers are already enrolled in Risk Manager, and can use the Risk Manager’s “Block payment cards” feature to block buyers from booking if the Seller has prepayment or no-show turned on. Unfortunately, there isn’t a good way to block clients from booking if the Seller doesn’t use prepayment or no-show, but this is on our radar for this year."

To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Verified Answer

Block Clients

We really need the ability to block certain clients from scheduling.  No just declining them. There are those finding ways around the decline by utilizing another email address etc. Thank you

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Appointments feature request: Block Clients

Hi @mikethebarber

Nothing new to report on this at the moment, but it seems to be gaining more interest lately so hopefully we can figure out a way to help with situations like this. 

One workaround that you can use would be to switch the Reservation Guarantee in your Appointments Settings to "Business must accept or decline all appointment requests". 

This allows you to have more control over who actually books up time slots on your calendar. 

Verified Answer

Re: Appointments feature request: Block Clients

Hey there @UrbanShaveSD

Thanks for sharing this feedback. I can totally see where this feature would be useful for difficult clients and I'll share your feedback with the Appointments team. I've moved this to the Feature Request board where we can track this request.

356 Comments

Yup. I use it and anyone who doesn't want to put in their credit card info just calls me to make appointment. 

That's such an inconvenience. Defeats the purpose of online booking. 

My customers won't use the system for as long as there is a card number required on file. I have a customer that is continually doing this on purpose and it's becoming a huge problem with the scheduling. Please please help. I hope your team can figure out what can be done. 

We need a feature that blocks clients who no show, cancel and have declined cards on file.  

Alumni

Hey there @UrbanShaveSD

Thanks for sharing this feedback. I can totally see where this feature would be useful for difficult clients and I'll share your feedback with the Appointments team. I've moved this to the Feature Request board where we can track this request.

Yes I want this feature too!

Especially for a Massage Therapist, this is crucial. If I have a client come in and sexually harass me, I need to know that they will never be able to book with our company again. Please push for a black list. Its for the saftey of our Service Providers. 

Beta Member

We have had a customer dispute their charges twice in the same month. We are pretty sure it's the same part who was seen stealing the condiments from the tables. How do you block this customer? Is it possible?

Super Seller

there is not a way to block a customer in Square POS at this time, that is an interesting idea though.

Square Community Moderator

Definitely an interesting idea @DKay

As @VanKalkerFarms mentioned, it's not possible at the moment, but you might be able to use the Customer Profile features to maybe help with identifying who not to serve at your business. 

If you have any idea on how you'd like to see this built out, let us know, as it would be interesting to know and would be good feedback for us.