x

Block Clients

Verified Answer
Beta Member

Block Clients

We really need the ability to block certain clients from scheduling.  No just declining them. There are those finding ways around the decline by utilizing another email address etc. Thank you

6 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients

This forum doesn't seem to work getting this feature to the proper channels. It for the customer to feel like they are getting some where but they are not. Maybe start to go to twitter and call them out because at this point Square has shown that they are NOT for solo practitioners and their safety! It has been YEARS of this now. YEARS!!! 35 pages of this request up to this point.  Look into GlossGenius for booking if you are a esthetician or massage therapist.  

Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients

Agreed! This has been one of the features missing. I used to use an online booking system that allowed you to toggle or “turn off” booking ability for that client specifically. I typically don’t have an issue with clients booking online but when they are not a fit with my business anymore and can’t respect my time, it’s necessary. This is a feature that is needed, regardless of no show protection being in place. 

Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients - Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hi all 👋 Apologies for the delayed response here but I have returned with some insight from the Square Appointments Product Team! I'll share what they've told me below:

"We don’t have a specific feature for this yet but it’s on our roadmap this year. H
owever, many of our Appointments Sellers are already enrolled in Risk Manager, and can use the Risk Manager’s “Block payment cards” feature to block buyers from booking if the Seller has prepayment or no-show turned on. Unfortunately, there isn’t a good way to block clients from booking if the Seller doesn’t use prepayment or no-show, but this is on our radar for this year."

To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Verified Answer

Block Clients

We really need the ability to block certain clients from scheduling.  No just declining them. There are those finding ways around the decline by utilizing another email address etc. Thank you

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Appointments feature request: Block Clients

Hi @mikethebarber

Nothing new to report on this at the moment, but it seems to be gaining more interest lately so hopefully we can figure out a way to help with situations like this. 

One workaround that you can use would be to switch the Reservation Guarantee in your Appointments Settings to "Business must accept or decline all appointment requests". 

This allows you to have more control over who actually books up time slots on your calendar. 

Verified Answer

Re: Appointments feature request: Block Clients

Hey there @UrbanShaveSD

Thanks for sharing this feedback. I can totally see where this feature would be useful for difficult clients and I'll share your feedback with the Appointments team. I've moved this to the Feature Request board where we can track this request.

356 Comments

Has there been any movement on this? Super important to be able to protect our interests and privacy by having the capability of blocking somebody from making an appointment. Thank you 

Hello @BriannaK!

We are still in the process of collecting feedback for this feature request. If there are any updates a member of the Community Team will make sure to update this thread. 

This really needs to happen. Please asap or I'll have to change services and I really don't want to do that. I am loving the program

I would like to block certain clients as well from making appointments. Having to accept and decline all of my clients defeats the purpose of having an appointment site for me. Please tell me Square is working on this. 

has this feature happened yet? i have this client who no call / no show all the time and its getting real old. 

reserva booking app has this on there features.  why doesn't square?

Square Community Moderator

Hi @mikethebarber

Nothing new to report on this at the moment, but it seems to be gaining more interest lately so hopefully we can figure out a way to help with situations like this. 

One workaround that you can use would be to switch the Reservation Guarantee in your Appointments Settings to "Business must accept or decline all appointment requests". 

This allows you to have more control over who actually books up time slots on your calendar. 

Great. Thank you. I have updated my site. 

This needs to happen ASAP Vagara which is a booking site that is great for professionals maybe a software you guys look at, I use to have them and they are very good accomadating beauty industry professionals. We need a way to protect our time from people who abuse it because it cost us money and time away from clients who are paying and want the time slot. Please hurry and allow us to block certain names and email address from scheduling. There is no way if your a single operator to approve all your appointments and work when you don't have a staff

That is creating more work. This scheduling site is to help us alleviate most scheduling tasks so that we can focus on the client and giving our services. I personally have too many clients to be trying To accept each and everyone that comes through. 

I was going to move over Square appointments,  but not having a block feature is a big problem.

Vagaro and Booksy both have features that allow us to block problem clients or just clients who have moved/ passed away from receiving communication and blocking them from making appointments.

Do you have any ideas on when this might be a possibility?