x

How do you cancel an invoice?

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @sammysam2410, shouldn't be an issue. Just go to your invoices page in Dashboard and select the invoice you want to cancel. Click More and then Cancel. You and the invoice recipient will receive a notification and the invoice won't be payable.

Check out more details on invoices.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @sammysam2410, shouldn't be an issue. Just go to your invoices page in Dashboard and select the invoice you want to cancel. Click More and then Cancel. You and the invoice recipient will receive a notification and the invoice won't be payable.

Check out more details on invoices.

Message 2 of 13

I just set up an account, got the bank verified and sent my first invoice.

I recived an email reciept of the transactipon but I CANNOT find a record of the transaction anywhere in the dashboard. Am I crazy?

I don't see where I can even cancel it?

What is up with this site?

Help? 

Message 3 of 13
Square

You can find all of your successful and unpaid Invoices right from your Dashboard, @yanniF

Once signed in, in the left-hand navigation click on Invoices. Here you'll find all of your Invoice history (be sure to adjust the date range at the top to customize the view.) 

I won't be able to look into a specific Invoice here in the Community as these forums are public, but if you're still having trouble locating it, please let our Support team know!

Message 4 of 13

How do I cancel an invoice that was already paid in full, but the customer now wants to cancel it.

Message 5 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ascripts,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here in the Seller Community 👋

You can issue a refund for the invoice from your Invoice Dashboard. Select the invoice in question > select the the dots > choose "Issue Refund". Please let us know how you go!

Message 6 of 13

No, I don't need to issue a refund. The services were cancelled last minute, so they don't get their money back. I just need to know how to cancel the invoice after services have been paid and there is no refund applicable. I don't see any way to do it. It only let's me cancel if the services have not yet been paid, but once they are paid, it won't allow me to cancel.

Message 7 of 13

Thank you for clarifying, @ascripts! Only unpaid invoices can be cancelled at this time. You can achieve this invoice instead, or leave it as is for your records. To achieve the invoice: select the the dots > select Achieve

Message 8 of 13

Thank you so much @Arie. I appreciate your getting back to me. 

Message 9 of 13

Archive?

Message 10 of 13

Hey there @accent_coach I am happy to help but I don't fully understand your question. 

When you have a moment please provide more details. 

Message 11 of 13

how can I view all cancelled invoices?

Message 12 of 13

Under your Invoices page, you will find a filter that shows "All Invoices", if you change that filter to "Unsuccessful" you will be able to see all the canceled invoices @tbianchino

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 13