x

How do you correct your e-mail address that is linked to your account. I used the wrong email addres

How do I update my email that is linked to my square account. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

As long as you can log in its real easy. LOg onto squareup.com then click on dashboard at the top of the page. So once in your dashboard under accounts and settings it will have an option to do this under "Basic Information" just re-type the email you want to use and click on change highlighted in blue. Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 8

It appears that my user name is in two places. I am using the Dashboard on my computer. In the upper left corner, I go to the Dashboard, Home, Account and Settings. From there I see the correct Name and email address. However if I go to the upper right corner, and click on my name, I see the previous "owner's name " and the previous "email address." My receipts for goods purchased by my customers are going to the previous email address, the one in the upper right, and not to the new email address, which is accessible from the dashboard. I have tried to change my email address in the upper right but there seems to be no way to do that. It's been 3 days since I made the change. Please help. Thanks.

Message 3 of 8

Did anyone ever answer you?  DId you ever get it fixed?

I am having the same issue.  My e-mail and name are correct in the dashboard area, but in the upper right of my desktop when I click the business name I see the old owner and the old address and all of my online orders are going there!  Been a week since I changed the e-mail in dashboard, but it has not sync'd even after several log-offs & log-ons!

Message 4 of 8

why is so "hard to get understanding pertaining to reactivate my reader; I have a new phone;& need to set my square for activation. 

Message 5 of 8
Super Seller

If you have a new phone, you should just have to download the app and sign in. If you're trying to get a reader associated with your new phone, check out these links.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5639-set-up-the-square-contactless-chip-card-reader  

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5412-square-chip-card-reader-tips-and-troubleshooting

You'll first need to verify that your new phone has the most updated software AND is a supported phone for your reader.

https://squareup.com/compatibility

Message 6 of 8

How do I update my email that is linked to my square account. 

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

Our team can help you make this change, @belenartleague! 🎨 

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here - a phone call is the fastest way for our team to help with this kind of change. Please respond to me here if you run into any trouble when you try to reach out that way.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8