x

How do you enter in credit cards for International (overseas) clients?

How do you enter in credit cards for International (overseas) clients? 

Do you process payments for International or Overseas clients the same way as NA clients?

What do we need to know about processing International clients (my clients are based in Hong Kong, Phillipines, Germany, Israel, and other foreign countries.  

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 110
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How to enter international addresses for credit card payment?

Square automatically will show a number pad on the manual transactions. But the bottom left button says ABC and will take you to the usual alphanumeric keyboard. You can enter her postal code on that screen. 

535A5FF0-48CE-487C-931F-EF56AE85DA36.png

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

To piggyback off the previous post, 5 zeros is a great option if there aren't ZIP or postal code in the country of the card holder. However, if the ZIP or postal code you need to enter is alphanumeric (as some are outside the US), you can toggle between the number keypad and the keyboard.

On iOS devices,  you can tap ABC at the lower left of the screen, then to return back to the number keypad, tap 123 in the lower left of the screen. To switch between the number keypad and keyboard on an Android device, you tap the keyboard icon to the right of ZIP.

You can check out more information on accepting international cards in our Support Center. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 110
109 REPLIES 109

how do I enter a zip code for canada

Message 2 of 110
Alumni

You can process most internationally-issued cards via manual entry. For the post or ZIP code, enter in their postal code just like you would an American ZIP code but remember that you can switch between numbers and letters on your iOS or Android device, since the Canadian postal code format includes both.

This article has more tips and information on the topic: http://squ.re/1vO655e

Message 3 of 110

Message 4 of 110
Alumni

Check out the info here, @cannon01!

Message 5 of 110

I am trying to process an order from a customer in Canada using the virtual payment. Can anyone help ?

Message 6 of 110
Square

@Beenefits - What seems to be the issue? Were you running into an error? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 7 of 110

Hi Sean,

I had a customer on the phone she provided all her CC info . ALL went well till the billing zip code which has a different format ( alphnumeric for canada, 6 characters) . So i could not process the payment.

Message 8 of 110

@Sean I was using the virtual terminal on my PC

Message 9 of 110

Have anyone had a chance to manually process international credit cards?

Message 10 of 110

All of our business is with Asian clients. What is your question specifically?

Message 11 of 110

I was trying to process payment from a client in Russia, and the system would not aprove his card, seemingly because of ZIP code.
Russian ZIPs are 6 digit long, and Register seemed to be unable to deal with that.
PS: It was manual card processing over the phone.
Message 12 of 110

Zip code is 00000 for international.

Message 13 of 110

Thank. Appreciate you help.
Message 14 of 110

Thank you! 

Message 15 of 110

If you have the card in hand, then you just swipe it as usual. If you are manually typing in, the zip code is 00000. Everything else is the same.

Message 16 of 110
Square

Best Answer

To piggyback off the previous post, 5 zeros is a great option if there aren't ZIP or postal code in the country of the card holder. However, if the ZIP or postal code you need to enter is alphanumeric (as some are outside the US), you can toggle between the number keypad and the keyboard.

On iOS devices,  you can tap ABC at the lower left of the screen, then to return back to the number keypad, tap 123 in the lower left of the screen. To switch between the number keypad and keyboard on an Android device, you tap the keyboard icon to the right of ZIP.

You can check out more information on accepting international cards in our Support Center. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 17 of 110

I typed in 5 zeros and still card not accepted..

Message 18 of 110

What country is the card issued in?

Message 19 of 110

Costa Rica

Message 20 of 110

I entered 5 zeros for Aruba as they do not have zip codes and it worked, maybe Costa Rica does have zip codes?

Message 21 of 110