x
Beta Member

How do you input and manage a comic inventory? Best pracitices?

I own a comic shop and am trying to work with square to set up inventory. That's difficult because of the variety I have to offer. Also made difficult because all comics in a series (issue 1, 2, 3, 4 etc) have the same SKU number, so I am not sure how to set up the inventory to track by issue number and be able to use a scanner. I would like to be able to see how many of what issue I have available as well as be able to check customers out quickly by scanning SKU's. I don't see many other options for setting up an inventory for my store that doesn't require me to manually search each item at checkout. With thousands of items to be tracked with several variations of several varieties and prices within the same category I am really lost as to how to make this work. Any advice or help is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

As a Comic book collector with over 80,000 books, you are definitely going to be complicated trying to set it up to monitor inventory with Square.  I'll be honest I don't even know where I would start as you would have to make entries for every single issue that you are selling, which in comics is like 2-4 variations per issue.

To be honest, Personally I don't know where I would start.  I have most of my collection in one of the online databases specifically for Comic books (I use ComicBookdb.com which I just discovered is no longer around as of Dec 16 so that is a huge problem I have now).  I think I would sell the items by publisher and type in the price maybe.  I think keeping track of the inventory would best be done outside of Square.

Maybe some other bookseller or store will have some better advice for you.

Best of luck

Message 2 of 4

I am having the same problem, did you ever figure out a solution

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @CandG - Welcome to the Seller Community! 😃

Can you please provide us with more details related to your business. In an ideal world, how would you like to manage your inventory? If we don’t have an exact way to do this, we may be able to find a workaround. 

We will be on the lookout for your reply. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 4