x

How do you know when the contactless & chip reader is fully charged?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Great question, @JenNilesArt! I went to look and I was able to find a breakdown of lights + battery percentage here:

• Four green lights—battery is fully charged
  • Three green lights—battery is 75% charged
  • Two green lights—battery 50% charged
  • One solid red light—battery 25% charged
  • One blinking red light—battery is low and charge immediately

More information on this in our Support Center: Charging and Battery Questions. Happy to help with any remaining questions. 🙂🔋💯

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Unplug the reader and press the button.  If you see green lights, it's charged.  It takes about two hours to fully charge if the battery was low (red light).  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5639-set-up-the-square-contactless-chip-card-reader

Message 2 of 5

I am just curious how to know how MUCH battery power the chip reader has. Right now I show four green lights but what if it's (for example) at 10 percent? Technically it is still charged, but could die in the middle of my art fair. Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

Great question, @JenNilesArt! I went to look and I was able to find a breakdown of lights + battery percentage here:

• Four green lights—battery is fully charged
  • Three green lights—battery is 75% charged
  • Two green lights—battery 50% charged
  • One solid red light—battery 25% charged
  • One blinking red light—battery is low and charge immediately

More information on this in our Support Center: Charging and Battery Questions. Happy to help with any remaining questions. 🙂🔋💯

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 5

@pbroyles, you should also be able to see a tuny icon in the center of the top black bar on your square register on the iPad. It shows the tiny battery symbol. 

Message 5 of 5