x

How do you manually enter an AMEX card?

I am manually entering an AMEX number for the first time. I know I have all the correct info, but the phone app will not accept just 15 digits and reveal the expiration date and CCV code area. I have tried a zero in the beginning and the end of the card with no luck. How do I manually enter an AMEX card?

Thanks,

Beth

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

@Fire21157 Welcome to the seller community! ✌️

When manually entering payments, the process is the same for American Express. The App will recognize the 15 digit card number, so there is no need to add extra digits. If the card number has a typo, it will not allow you to enter the rest of the card details. 

Check out this page on manually entered payments for more details. 😄

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Best Answer

@Fire21157 Welcome to the seller community! ✌️

When manually entering payments, the process is the same for American Express. The App will recognize the 15 digit card number, so there is no need to add extra digits. If the card number has a typo, it will not allow you to enter the rest of the card details. 

Check out this page on manually entered payments for more details. 😄

Message 2 of 9

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do i enter an amex card

How do I manually  Enter and AmeX card

Message 3 of 9
Super Seller

manual entry of different cards happens the same way.  the app autodetects the type and confirms it is a valid data entry before letting you proceed.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5176-manually-enter-card-payments-without-the-square-reader

Message 4 of 9

how do you accept amex?????????? not working... super inconvenient!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 9

I can swipe a AMEX card but cannot manually enter it ? It turns red and won't allow - does anyone know why?

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Echo77 and welcome to the Community! 

I moved your post to an existing thread in our Community on how to manually enter AMEX cards.

See Chad's best answer above!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 9

how do I manually enter an Am Express card number?

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @newchampions! Welcome to the Community.

It looks like this questions been asked in the Community before so I moved your post to the relevant thread for it!

Check out @Chad's best answer above for more details.

In the future- don't hesitate to search your question first on here or the Support Center to get a quicker answer!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9