x

How do you maximize your marketing and expand your lash business

Hello,

I just started a lash business but it has been very slow. I have been thinking that maybe I should advertise to do lashes for free but my products and time have value. What is the best way to market this is a job that I do on the weekends but I could use more clients for the weekends.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Hello @Poshd and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you're having a slow time right now; it's not an easy time to be a small business owner but hang in there! We in the community are right there with you so don't hesitate to ask for help or just some words of encouragement.

I'm not in your line of business (salon/beauty) but some ideas popped into my mind as I was reading your question. I don't think you should give away your time/talent/product. Remember you're in business to make money. It's tempting to create awesome promotions such as this, but I often joke that I could give my merchandise away and I'd still not gain foot traffic LOL. Trust that people will spend money, it's just a matter of finding the right formula of audience/price points/promos and finding the right channels to reach those people.

Is the lashes you do, something that a Wedding or Bridal party would like in order to prepare for their day? If so you could create a Wedding Party Special and offer incentives for a larger group rate. Either allow them to come in individually with a special rate or if you have a space offer a day with refreshments while they wait. It would create an event for their whole party.

You could also create weekend rates that could encourage more customers to show up during the weekend instead of during the week. Advertise a Weekend Relaxation package or some kind. It doesn't have to include a lot of "extra" things, just try to repackage services/products you already offer so they feel special for your customers to indulge in. Hope some of these ideas may help. Are you a member of the Beauty and Wellness Seller Group? If not, you should join up with these sellers for specific topics related to your industry. Happy selling with Square !  ❤️🔲  

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Handmade Heirloom Ornaments & Charms
Check our links for retail Etsy orders and Wholesale Ordering Info
Message 2 of 2