x

How do you reverse a receipt from a Purchase Order that was received by mistake?

I'm new to Square for Retail and I accidentally received some items on a Purchase Order that were actually backordered and now cancelled from the order by the vendor. Can anyone tell me how to reverse those items from my invetory?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hello @Purdystyle. If you received a Purchase Order by mistake you can follow these steps to reverse it:

1. Sign in to your online Dashboard > navigate to the Items tab.
  2. Click Inventory Management > Purchase Orders.
  3. Select Received Purchase Orders > click Edit Order > change the received quantity to 0 > click Save.

If you have any questions about this reply here to let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Hi @Helen -

Has this feature been removed? When I click Inventory Management > Purchase Orders, I do not have access to  Received Purchase Orders. Can you help?

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

@Trish_Yarn, Jumping in for @Helen 🙂

Sorry for the confusion. You're right - you won't see Received Orders. Instead, click the PO listed under Archived Orders. From the PO details page, you'll see an Edit Order button. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

I don't see how I can un-receive an item when I follow your directions. It looks like the only thing I can edit is to add tax and/or a fee. Am I missing something?

Message 5 of 5