x

How does square fit with an automatic and self serve car wash?

New to car wash industry and to square and wonder how they fit together. Any experience to share?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @Nimble!

While it doesn't look like any other Sellers have weighed in on this yet, I can answer any questions you might have about using Square as your POS for your new car wash business.

Before I make suggestions, would you have a payment station or would you want to take payments on the go? Perhaps with our Square Terminal?

Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 6

Well it’s a totally new thing for us...for I am open to any suggestions/ideas/advice!! How would square work either way? I’ve thought we would have a pay station. But how does square tie in with that? 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @Nimble!

Thanks for the reply 🙂 

I'm thinking of a pay station too, that way your customers can pay while their car is being washed. 

Most sellers use either of the following to take payments (if they have a payment station):

1. Square Register, which is a sleek, black register. It has a customer facing screen, and you can purchase a cash drawer with it if you'd like. You can accept tap, swipe, and insert payments. 
  2. Square Stand for Contactless + Chip Reader, which is a stand that you can place an iPad into, and then take payments using our app. It comes with the Contact + Chip Reader, so that in addition to swiping cards, you can insert them or tap the card using the reader. This also has a compatible cash drawer. 

For accessories for these items, take a look here. Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 6

I have been using Square at my car wash for over a year now & satisfied, especially with the new Square Terminal. I need License Plate Recognition for cueing up. Any ideas?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Square experience, @Thecarwashinc! That is what we love to hear. Hopefully we can get some good traction from your peers in regards to your Plate Recognition question. 

Feel free to reach out if you need anything! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6