x

How does the Square app integrate with Quickbooks?

How does the Square app integrate with Quickbooks? We use Square registers and Square payroll.

1) It appears that for most of the transactions, the sales go to "undeposited funds", the Square fee to "Square Fees" and the tips to a liability fund called "Square tips". But for some of the smaller sale totals (I'm assuming these are sales after the day's close?), the app doesn't match up the parts of the transactions and I need to do it manually. Why? What am I doing wrong?

2) Square payroll adds the tips to the employees' checks. Is this all the tips or just the credit card tips? How about the liability fund "Square tips"? Is it all the tips or just the credit card tips?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

👋Welcome to the seller community and thanks for your post, @kathy253!

Regarding your first question, the integration with QuickBooks is actually built out on their end. For more specifics on reconciling those reports, I would suggest contacting their support team.

As for Square Payroll, if you're referring to importing tips—only credit cards are included. Regarding the liability fund, can you reply with a bit more information? I'll be happy to run this by our Payroll Team for further clarification.

Let us know if anything else comes up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2