x

How long do I have to mark a client as a No-Show?

The title of this thread has been changed from the original: No shows

How soon after the start of an appointment time can a no-show be marked. And in between what time frame does that actually need to occur before it is no longer an option and the only option you have is to cancel?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

The answer here is going to be dependent upon how you have your cancellation policy set up, @DrRhyan. Once the cut-off time allowed for appointments to be cancelled or rescheduled passes, the appointment can be marked as No-Show. You select your own cut-off time, which is why the answer here is different for each account.

Whenever a client wants to cancel or change an appointment outside of your cancellation window, you have the option to enforce your cancellation policy. Policy enforcement will be at your discretion, even if your cancellation policy is enabled. If you decide to charge a cancellation fee, you can do so as far out as 14 days after the appointment.

Check your current cancellation policy here, and take a look at our full walk-through about no-shows and cancellations.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Best Answer

The answer here is going to be dependent upon how you have your cancellation policy set up, @DrRhyan. Once the cut-off time allowed for appointments to be cancelled or rescheduled passes, the appointment can be marked as No-Show. You select your own cut-off time, which is why the answer here is different for each account.

Whenever a client wants to cancel or change an appointment outside of your cancellation window, you have the option to enforce your cancellation policy. Policy enforcement will be at your discretion, even if your cancellation policy is enabled. If you decide to charge a cancellation fee, you can do so as far out as 14 days after the appointment.

Check your current cancellation policy here, and take a look at our full walk-through about no-shows and cancellations.

Valentina
Message 2 of 7

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How is a client charged a no-show fee?

Does Square automatically charge a cancellation fee or do I have to go in and do that transaction myself when marking them as a no show?

I currently have the no-show protection where their card info is needed when booking an appointment. They are charged 50% of the service fee for no shows or late appointments. I had one no show today and when I went to mark her as a NO-SHOW, that was it. It didn't seem like it charged her anything.

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

You're spot-on, @Xbeck - if you have a cancellation policy enabled, it's ultimately your decision whether to enforce the policy by charging a cancellation fee. 

I've moved your post to a thread where I explained this in a bit more detail, and provided a link to our Support Center article about cancellation policies. Let me know if you still have questions!

Valentina
Message 4 of 7

I had a client no-show and when I went to charge the cancellation fee, the system would not allow me to. All of my policies are in place. The message said " something went wrong. the customers card could not be charged ". So what do I do ?

Message 5 of 7
Alumni

Hmm, could be an issue with the expiry date or an invalid card. Reach out to our CS Team so they can help pinpoint the issue. 

@IndigoSkin

Justin
Message 6 of 7

@JustinCactually I have figured it out. When someone doesn't want to keep their appointment, but doesn't want to pay the cancellation fee...they simply unlink their card. This happens often and there is nothing I can do about it.  Unless someone else knows more ???

Message 7 of 7