x

What is the referral policy?

A friend refered me to square, so can someone please explain the referal policy to me.

Thank all,

Message 1 of 38
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

1. "When your friend activates a Square account through your link, they can process up to $1,000 in credit card sales for free during their first 180 days.
  2. For each friend who successfully activates a Square account, you get free processing on your next $1,000 in sales over the next 180 days."

I found the above in the account section (Get Free Processing) of my Square Dashboard. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Super Seller

Hi @Famfoods 

Do you happen to have a link to the post you saw this?  The only ability that I am aware of for free processing is with a referral link program. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 22 of 38

I got referred to by a friend who has Square, and the ad said that her amd me should have the first $1000 or first 180 days free of service. But I am being charged fees. Why?

Message 23 of 38

Look at the actual deposit report. When I participated in the Apple Pay Contactless program, the fee showed up on the sales report but was reimbursed on the deposit. Perhaps the same thing is happening for you? If not I would suggest to contact the support directly.

Thierry

Message 24 of 38
Admin

Right on, @ThierrLRC! 👍

@woodworkxbyjan, you can find more information on tracking your free processing in this article as well. Hope that helps clear things up! 😀

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 25 of 38

I referred a friend to square he open account from my link I send now how long I have to wait to get $1000 free payment 

Message 26 of 38
Alumni

Hi @Nilukamon - You should be able to see the free processing within your Square Dashboard once your friend finishes the sign up process.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 27 of 38

Yes he did active and he ordered new squad processing rider too but I didn't get no notification or my dash board don't show none still 😞

Message 28 of 38
Admin

Sorry to hear it, @Nilukamon. If your friend activated their account and you're still not seeing the free processing in your online Square Dashboard, please let our Support Team know. They'll make sure everything gets sorted out ASAP. 💯

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 29 of 38

I referred a friend and got the confirmation email that they signed up. However, I didn’t get the free processing, but my friend did. I contacted customer support and they told me I didn’t use the right link. That’s BS. I got the email confirming they signed up. Given the number of people commenting they are not receiving their free processing either, it appears Square is scamming their customers. 

Message 30 of 38

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How long does it take to get my free processing when someone joins via my link?" The author has been notified via email.

I have someone that joined Square thru my link and still waiting for my free processing. How long does it take to show up?

Message 31 of 38

How

Message 32 of 38
Square

Hi @jimsusan1 — It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out the reply from

HeyItsMuff and let us know if that helps!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 33 of 38

I was given a refferal code by my coach but when I was setting up my account with the chip reader I never saw a spot to enter that code. Later I realized it was a link not a code. Is there a way I can still use the link to get the free processing even though I’ve already set up my account?

Message 34 of 38
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Referal Code Mistake”

Welcome to Square @RLeopardi! I've moved your post here as other sellers had the same question.

If you've already set up your account go ahead and reach out to our Support team. They'll be able to help you with this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 35 of 38

This post was merged from an existing thread: Referral

I used a referral code that was suppose to give me my first $1,000 in sales free of charges but I’ve been getting charged... why?

Message 36 of 38
Super Seller

check your referral status here.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/account/referrals

all charges are taken out like normal and then credited back upon deposit.

Message 37 of 38

Do I get paid for referrals?

Chuck  Barry

Message 38 of 38