x

How long does it take to verify a new bank account?

How long does it take for square to verify a new bank account that you added?

Message 1 of 54
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

It can take up to four business days to verify your bank account (excluding weekends and holidays). You can check the status of the verification in your Square Dashboard.

Go to the Account & Settings section and click Bank Account. You'll also receive an email from Square when your account is verified.

See our support article for more details. Hope that helps!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

My request to change my bank account was verified on Jan 27th. But deposits on Jan 30th and Jan 31st still went into the old account. Why?

Message 43 of 54
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @dartmouthman! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community 👋 We are happy to have you here - and we hope this space can be a valuable resource to you as you work to grow your business with Square. 

While we can't speak to account specific details on the Community due to it being a public platform, from what you are describing - it sounds like maybe your bank account may have falsely verified. 

The verification process can take up to 4 business days to complete. If we have not received a failure notice from your bank after the 4th day, we assume the verification has been successful. Then, we automatically send you an email notice that your bank account has successfully verified. Sometimes we receive the verification failure notice a few days after we’ve already informed you of the successful verification.

At this point, you will need to re-enter your bank account information and be sure you have at least $1.00 in your account to cover the small verification withdrawal. In case you run into trouble, check out our bank-specific troubleshooting tips and directions on linking your bank account in our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful! Please let me know if you have any questions. We are here to help. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 44 of 54

Square won’t verify / link with bank account—how do I fix it

Message 45 of 54

Hi @Tinker and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread with bank verification discussion.

We won't be able to tell here from the Community why exactly that it's failing but typically it's because the account/routing number is not being entered correctly.

I'd recommend checking with your bank that you have the correct numbers and they're being entered in the right spots on the verification page. 

Ashley C
Message 46 of 54

It will not allow me to link my checking account every time I try it kicks me out I have tried both of my checking accounts

Message 47 of 54
Alumni

Hey @Mi3  - hopefully this post doesn't find you too late. I moved you over to this thread to join other sellers with problems linking their bank account. 

We cannot look into account details here in the Community to pin point the exact issue but this thread mentions some helpful troubleshooting tips. 

Hope this helps! 

Justin
Message 48 of 54

Trouble with Bank Transfer - anyone else have to provide ACH to business account bank to accept Square transfers?  We can't transfer our own money to ourselves!  The verification process keeps failing even with routing/account number and names/business on accounts matching.  Help? Thanks!

Message 49 of 54

Hey @waypoint! Welcome to the Community.

I merged your post with a relevant thread on bank verification troubles.

It may be best to call your bank to make sure you have the right account/routing number to be entered.

If you're still having issues you can contact our CS team to see exactly why it failed and they should be able to help you further. 

Ashley C
Message 50 of 54

Trying to get customer code to verify new banking information

Message 51 of 54

Hey @Flowerbox1,

I moved your post to an existing thread on the bank verification process.

We can't speed up or assist with this process but it's usually verified within a couple of business days.

In the future- don't hesitate to search your question first before making a new post for a quicker answer! Most likely the Community or Support Center has the answer you're looking for. 

Ashley C
Message 52 of 54

I keep entering acct number and routing number and keeps telling me you cant verify my account. Why?

Message 53 of 54
Alumni

This thread I moved you to should help @BLW

Justin
Message 54 of 54