x

How long does it take to verify a new bank account?

How long does it take for square to verify a new bank account that you added?

Message 1 of 54
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

It can take up to four business days to verify your bank account (excluding weekends and holidays). You can check the status of the verification in your Square Dashboard.

Go to the Account & Settings section and click Bank Account. You'll also receive an email from Square when your account is verified.

See our support article for more details. Hope that helps!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
Square

@Toya - Some bank accounts can verify instantly, depending on our relationship with your bank. In general, I advise sellers to be prepared for the maximum amount, up to five business days. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 22 of 54

Ok thanks

Message 23 of 54

I can use my square untill my account is verified

Message 24 of 54

I just sent out an invoice to a customer for $100 and change. They should be paying with credit card soon.

I want to change my bank accounts on square before the payment comes in.

I forget if there is any turn around time on the new bank account being synked to Square or if its instant. 

If its not instant and the payment comes in via credit card will it mess up the transaction? 

If it doesnt great, also if it doesnt with the custmoer but does on my/square's end ok... As long as I get the money coming in I dont care.  

Who knows how this would occur in this situation. 

Message 25 of 54
Alumni

How's it going @mkmto -

When adding a bank account, verification can take up to 4 biz days which means all funds will funnel to your old bank account in interim. To stop this from happening, it's best to call Support so they can delete your old bank. This won't mess up your transactions - instead they'll be sitting safely in your Square Balance until the new one is successfully linked. 

I've merged you post to this thread to see George's best answer. He included a support article link that talks more about the bank verification process! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 54
Beta Member

how long to verify banking information 

Message 27 of 54
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @GoldManifestCEO - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community. Welcome!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding timeline for bank verification. Take a look at this Best Answer from George for more information.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 28 of 54
Square

@juleznfriends09 You can process payments right away! Even while waiting for bank verification to complete, we will simply hold your funds till your bank is linked. Check out George's response above for more information. 

Message 29 of 54

yes how long do it take for square to verify a changed bank account

Message 30 of 54
Square Community Moderator

@William04 See George's response above. All bank changes can take up to about 5 business days. This applies to both the first time linking of a bank account as well as any changes to the bank account linked. 

Message 31 of 54

When do I get Payments that were process before my bank account was verified?

Message 32 of 54
Square

@Royal It can take up to 5 business days, check out George's post at the top of this thread for some links that will have more info! 

Message 33 of 54

My transaction didnot go to my bank account yet what is the problem

Message 34 of 54
Super Seller

Is your bank account verified? https://squareup.com/dashboard/business/bank-accounts-overview Initial verification of your account can take up to 5 business days. Once your bank account is verified, you should receive deposits within 1-2 business days. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3896-link-and-edit-your-bank-account

Message 35 of 54

Hello, does it always take 5 business days for bank verification?

Message 36 of 54
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Bank verification timeline?”

@asm2277 It can take up to 5 business days for your linked bank account to be verified, but it can be faster than that! Check out George's Best Answer for more details about the bank verification timeline.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 37 of 54

On 2:25PM on May 12, 2018 - we entered new bank account info on our Square account. That was a Saturday ... but I still haven't seen that it has changed and it is now Wednesday at 1:30pm.

Does anyone know how long this should take? Did I possible do something wrong? Or do I need to take an additional step?

Should I contact customer service?

Thank you for your help!

Message 38 of 54
Alumni

Hi @mcgillsl - I merged your post over here so you can see the best answer on page 1. 

It can take up to 5 days to verify a new bank account. If you're still not seeing it verified, you should contact our team!

Message 39 of 54

Thank you  ! I'll contact them Monday if I see it's still not updated . 🙂

Message 40 of 54

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Verification

My bank has seen the $0.01 transaction to verify, but square is still in verification status, and I'm about to lose my uniforms. What should I do?

Message 41 of 54
Admin

@FCFLfootball I've added your post to this thread where we've shared more information about the bank verification process. It can take 5 business days for your linked bank account to be verified, and unfortunately, this cannot be expedited. I'm sorry.

You can check the estimated date that your account will be verified from your online Square Dashboard, click Account & Settings > Bank Account.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 42 of 54