x
Highlighted

Re: How long does it take for square to verify a new bank account that you added

Hello -- I think it'd be helpful to have an in-app reminder about the "Action Required" confirmation email that follows when a customer submits new bank account information. I missed it and sat on the email for a while... My mistake ultimately, but another heads up would've been nice. 

Message 11 of 50
Highlighted
Square

Re: How long does it take for square to verify a new bank account that you added

@gailscaribb That would definitely be a useful reminder for Sellers! I'll send that request over to our Product Team and thanks for the feedback!

Message 12 of 50
Highlighted

I have a interesting issue. In the process of closing one account and switching banks. I added the new account 2 days ago, which is pending verificatoin, however, accepted payments yesterday that were deposited into the old account today. Both locations are set to use the new, pending account, which I was to believed via the knowledge base that the deposits would be held until verification is completed and deposited into the new account. Hoping the deposit can be reversed and payment accepted today will hold until the new account I verified. Can this be confirmed?

Message 13 of 50
Highlighted
Square

@jasenhudson - When you're linking a new account, deposits will still be sent to the existing bank account. The only way to avoid this is to give us a call and have us manually un-link the old one. If a deposit has already been sent, you'll want to coordinate with your bank to help withdraw or transfer those funds. Hope this helps! 

Message 14 of 50
Highlighted

I called you guys almost everyday stating 1/25/2017 except weekend.  Sent out email, no respond.  I have a bank account requested link since 1/18/2017 & still not verified as 1/31/2017.   I talked to one of your support yesterday and saying that it pass thru yesterday 1/29/2017.  The date shows on my account it will verify 1/31 & it has been saying that starting 1/25, 1/26, 1/27, 1/28, 1/29, 1/30, 1/31.  What's next 2/1/2107 & so on? Why I'm saying this?  This is because I checked my account everyday. I contacted your support last week thru this site cause it says recommended rather than calling & no response from there.   My bank shows deposit $0.01,  & withdrawal $0.01 from square and nothing is pending cause I talked to my bank.  Whats the hold up? its not 5 biz like it said.

Message 15 of 50
Highlighted
Square

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @beez. Unfortunately we can't look into your account specific issue here in the Seller Community as it's a public site. If you need further assistance with you bank account, you'll need to contact our Support team directly.  

That being said, that is correct that the bank verification can take 5 business days to complete. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you've reentered the info at any point, it will start the process over. If there have been several attempts, it is five business days from the last one. 

Message 16 of 50
Highlighted

Once the communication charges have been sent and completely processed through my bank account, how long should it take to finish the verification process? After everything has cleared my bank, isn't that "verified?"

Message 17 of 50
Highlighted
Square

Hi @Mattbuffy814, sorry you haven't received a response on your question yet. It full process can take five business days, even once you've seen the deposit/withdrawal on your account. Check out the article George posted in his response, thanks!

Message 18 of 50
Highlighted

What is the minimum time your bank account can be verified?

Message 19 of 50
Highlighted
Square

@Toya - Some bank accounts can verify instantly, depending on our relationship with your bank. In general, I advise sellers to be prepared for the maximum amount, up to five business days. 

Message 20 of 50