x

How to Align DYMO printer label 30346, my barcode is cut off

I am trying to print my bar code labels, using label 30346 and DYMO 450 turbo with a direct print from my MacBook.  Label is cut off on right side.  How can I correct this?  I have selected label 30346 in paper size drop down.

Message 1 of 26
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

My experience with all Dymo printers is that the margins are drunk... All the time. Sometimes I've had luck by just removing the label roll, and putting it in again. Other times I adjust the barcode in a graphics editor to compensate for whichever margin is the drunkest at the time. That's a big let down when it comes to Dymo printers... There is no way to offset the margins/alignment or to set a custom page size.

Getting it right with a label that is only 1/2" wide can be frustrating. The easiest solution would be to shrink the size of your barcode so that it does not even come close to your Dymo's ambiguous page margins. 

I've had limited success by fooling the Dymo into thinking that I'm using a different label roll than the one I am actually using. Say your label is 1.75" x .5"... If you can find another label template that is 1.75" x 1", tell the printer that you're using the bigger label, but actually, have the smaller label (30346) on the spool when you print... This would eliminate your left and right margins because the printhead is now going to print for a wider template, but since it's the same hight the sensor marks will still line up. That way you can effectively print edge-to-edge (You can do this with the top and bottom margins too, but it's a little trickier). It takes a bit of measuring and adjusting w/ your graphics editor, but it works if you've got the time to figure it out.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue printing supposedly supported Dymo 30346 1/2" x 1 7/8" direct from Square web site (Mac Chrome). On the top half the price is cut off. I did manage to get the whole thing printed OK by choosing "Scale to Fit" which auto scaled 80% but the result is very small.

Not very happy with Square's Dymo options. Would like to see the ultra-common-in-retail 1" x 1 1/2" supported.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Using Linux, I had to use Libre draw and manually drag the margins to the edge. it is set to 1.5 inches and 1 inch (30347). The amazon barcode would come out wrong. but if you use libredraw and manually edit the image it. What I did was in the printer settings for the actual printer and have not checked the scale to fit it shrinks it when you print. and have put media size as 30347, output resolution 300x600 DPI and the print quality is barcodes and graphics.

Message 22 of 26

has there been a fix for this? My Dymo XL is cutting off the top of my 4x6 portrait shipping labels.

Message 23 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @coppercup 

Would you mind sharing the Settings you are using to print your labels? I plan on sharing this with our product team for their visibility. 

By any chance have you reached out to our support team about this before posting here? If so... What was the outcome of it?

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 26

I have a dymo 450 with 1.25" X 3" labels. I can't figure out how to change the paper size on my mac so I can print the labels.  Also, square doesn't show that label size? Any suggestions

Message 25 of 26
Admin

Hey @chathamspirits! I moved your question over to this thread where some sellers share their experiences with label printing. Feel free to tag any of the sellers you see above and ask them additional questions regarding their set up. They may have some new suggestions!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 26 of 26