x
Admin

How to Link Bank Account with Square: Questions and Answers

In this post we’re sharing some of the common questions around linking bank accounts with Square.

You can link or edit your bank account anytime from your Square Dashboard or within the Square Point of Sale app. Having a bank account is necessary to activate your account for payments and also to receive your funds

What information do I need to link my bank account?

Square requires a transactional bank account operating in British Pounds that allows for both transfers and withdrawals to support refunds or chargebacks that support Faster Payments. 

You’ll also need to have your account number and sort code get started. Sort codes are usually included on bank statements or displayed on your debit card. 

How do I link a bank account to Square?

To link a bank account from the online Square Dashboard:

1. Go to Account & Settings > Bank Accounts
  2. Select Add Bank Account
  3. Enter your bank account information.
  4. Click Verify.

To link a bank account from the Square app:

1. Tap Settings
  2. Tap Link Bank Account.
  3. Enter your bank account information.
  4. Tap Verify.

How long will it take for my bank to be verified?

The bank verification process can take up to 4 working days (excluding weekends and holidays). You can always check the status of your bank verification in your Dashboard

Why did my bank fail to verify?

When you add a bank account to Square, it’s good to keep in mind a few things that can cause the verification to fail:

• It’s a non-transactional account: Square requires the linked bank account to allow both transfers and withdrawals to support refunds. If you have any doubt, you can always reach out to your bank to confirm.
  • There was a typo: If we can’t verify the details you enter, that can cause the verification to fail as well.

Learn more about linking your bank account in our Support Centre. If you are having trouble linking your bank account and not sure why, have a look at our bank account troubleshooting guide. If you have any additional questions about linking your bank account, please reply below!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
8 REPLIES 8

I have linked my bank account and it has been verified for weeks. Yet my website says I’m not accepting payments yet. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong to change this. Anyone know? 

Message 2 of 9
Admin

Hey @anything_glows, sorry to hear you are getting this message! If you have linked and verified the bank account but the message is still coming up on the site, there are some additional steps we can check:

• Make sure Order Online is enabled on your website. You can check this by navigating to your Square Dashboard > Online Store > Settings > Checkout
  • Make sure items are in stock and have fulfilment methods applied to them
  • Unpublish and republish your site to make sure the site is fully secured

If everything has been set up and you still cannot take payments, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team for further assistance. 

Here are the steps to contact Square Support by phone or by email:

1. Go to https://squareup.com/help/gb/en/contact 
  2. Select your topic or just click Other > I don’t see my issue, it’ll give you the option to either call or email in!

The phone number for Square Support is 0800 098 8008. The Square Support Team is available by phone Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

Tra
Message 3 of 9

Unfortunately I have done that and double checked and I’m still having the same issue 😞 I work odd hours so unable to have time to phone support in those times is there an email address so I can email support? 

Message 4 of 9
Admin

Hey @anything_glows, you can also send us an email via the link above! When you go to https://squareup.com/help/gb/en/contact and click Other > I don't see my issue, it'll give you an option to email as well. 

Tra
Message 5 of 9
Admin

Hi @shani1213 - are you still having some troubles? If so feel free to send me a private message here on the Community and I can take a look into it for you. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 6 of 9
Admin

Hi @shani1213 - you can send us an email here https://squ.re/3k4g2sg

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 7 of 9

I have linked my bank account and it has been verified for weeks. Yet my website says I’m not accepting payments yet. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong to change this. Anyone know ..

Message 8 of 9

At Beltway Orthodontics, we want to make sure that your orthodontic treatment is all about you. We take great pride in the quality of our work and our dedication to help you achieve the best possible results

Traditional Braces

Message 9 of 9