x
Beta Member

How to Select Compact Ticket Option when Printing Item Labels

I found this article https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6831-how-to-print-item-labels on printing single items as a sticky labels for drink orders.

The step 5 on the article says I can select Compact Ticket to save paper, but I cannot find that option on my device.

Also, the wording for printing single item is slightly different. The article says toggle on "In-person order tickets" under "Use this printer for" section and turn on "single item per ticket".

But my device has "Order Tickets" and "Print a Ticket for Each Item" instead. It looks like it does the same thing, but I am wondering if I am not on the latest version and that's why I do not have "Compact Ticket" option.

I have version 3.36.0002.

How can I use "Compact Ticket" option? If I need to update my device, how do I do it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @djpark8530!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

I'd like to look into this for you. What device do you have the app downloaded onto? Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

@isabelle  I'm using the Square Point of Sale Register that I purchased back in November of last year. I don't know how to find the model name, but it's similar to this one and this one.

The version got updated to 4.2.0056, but I do not see anything related to my questions changed after the update. I don't know if it would be useful, but the NTEP CC is 19-065.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

@djpark8530 - The compact ticket feature is found in the printer station settings. I don't have insight into your printer settings to see why you don't have that option, but call our Hardware Team so they can guide you on the proper set up and troubleshoot if need be.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4