x

How to Set up Custom Email with iCloud?

I did the trial with Google for a custom email (myshop@myshop.com) .  I don't like Google and I know Apple will allow a custom domain (if you have icloud + which I do).  BUT how do I set this up? I went through the set up and it says I now need to update the records on your domain registrar's website.  There is no "domain registrar" with Square.  Has anyone been able to use Apple mail?  I do know I can pay $70 a year to use Google and forward to Apple mail.  I do not like the layout of Google and prefer to not have to use it if I already am paying for iCloud +.   Can I move my Square domain to a different webhost or do I have to keep it with Square/Google Any advice?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hello @ankefriesland thanks for your post. Where (what website) did you purchase the custom domain for your website? Did you initiate this order through Square, or perhaps another service when you secured your website name, for exampl GoDaddy or something else? Where ever you first created and bought/reserved the rights to your website custom domain should have the registration info you'll need.

If you set this up through Square, you should find your domain info in your Dashboard. Go to Online > Website > Domains. Then click on Manage. Note, this is technical info, and personally beyond my understanding. But if you need specific info check this area and you might find what you're looking for here.

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the info.  I looked under manage domain and see the email information there.  I will see if I can connect to icloud.  I noticed that everything pointed to Google, so I don't think I can move anything to a different host without breaking the site.  Not sure if anyone else has information on this?????  It specifically links to Google Workspace in the email section too, so I am thinking the only way to connect an email is by paying for Google Workspace.  I have space on a server with a host for my other website and it would be easy to move but I am thinking maybe this is not possible?  (I have replied on this post under my other login name and current site/email which I am having issues with).  Adding $70 a year for Google Workspace is a lot.  I could upgrade to a different shop tier or go with a different company that includes email.  I will never use Google Workspace for anything.

Thank You

ankefriesland/israelcat22. 

Message 3 of 4

PROBLEM SOLVED!  I was able to contact my webhost (netfronts webhosting) and they explained how to set up domain email via the space I have through them.  

Message 4 of 4