x

How to accept donations through square from my website?

I am wanting to accept donations through square. People visits our church website, if they want to tithe or donate they will click on a button or link to our square donating area. I seen several churches have this.

How is this to be set up, I spent literally 2-3 hours looking up answers and information on how to do this and cannot seem to get it working or find out how to do it. 

Thank you for helping. 

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @fwcvandalia

You should be able to follow the below steps to get to the place where you can set up donations:

1. Login to your Square Dashboard and head to your Online Overview page 
  2. You should see a page that says Welcome to your Online Store at the top left hand corner of the page. Below, you'll click the button that says Add a product to sell
  3. You should see a page that looks like the image below. When you click the drop down for Product Type, select the option that says Donation

You'll see additional space on that where you can add descriptions, donation values, and tax exemptions.

If you run into any issues while setting this up, I'd suggest looking at this article from our Support Center, or get in touch with our Support team. They are the ones to would be able to best assist with setting up your page!

This post was updated in October 2021 by a moderator to include the updated verbiage.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @arnoldandrews68

I moved your post over to a board with a similar topic. There is a way to add a "Donate" button to your Online Store.

Check out the Best Answer by our wonderful Nika_S! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 26

Are these donations reported as income to the restaurant? I meant on 1099-K

Message 23 of 26
Alumni

Hey @biryani - yes they are since donations are considered income. Anything payment processed by a card through Square is reported on your 1099k. 

Justin
Message 24 of 26

I was of the impression that community groups had been using square to accept payments for fundraising and membership fees?  Is this no longer possible?

Message 25 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @MOSMANBAYSS

I moved your post to a thread with more information on setting up donations using Square. 

There isn't a membership fee to use Square, but we do charge a fee per transaction. You can find out more information here

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help! 

Kassi
Message 26 of 26