x

How to add FAQ page

Hi there, I'm trying to add an FAQ page to my site. It is ran through square and powered by Weebly, so I can't add any Weebly apps to it. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 15
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the Seller Community, @claireminton!

Good question—it sounds like you're referring to the FAQ app from the Weebly App Center, which isn't available with the Weebly Powered Square Online Store.

As a workaround, you might consider using the "Product Details" section to have a question as the "title" and the answer as the "details" part. This workaround doesn't include the click-to-expand functionality of the FAQ app, but it will still surface the appropriate information. Note: we suggest keeping the text as short as possible to ensure the best formatting results.

Hope this helps for now—I'll be sure to share your post with our Online Store Team as we continue to iterate based on seller feedback. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello, @clarajanenash

Thanks so much for this Request. Some of our requests do get lost within posts. In order to appropriately send these to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Online. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the Seller Community, @claireminton!

Good question—it sounds like you're referring to the FAQ app from the Weebly App Center, which isn't available with the Weebly Powered Square Online Store.

As a workaround, you might consider using the "Product Details" section to have a question as the "title" and the answer as the "details" part. This workaround doesn't include the click-to-expand functionality of the FAQ app, but it will still surface the appropriate information. Note: we suggest keeping the text as short as possible to ensure the best formatting results.

Hope this helps for now—I'll be sure to share your post with our Online Store Team as we continue to iterate based on seller feedback. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 15

I'd also like to add this feature as a section on a page. Accordion/'click to expand' feature would be really helpful for adding FAQ sections on multiple pages.

Any idea if this will be added soon?

Message 3 of 15

Hi there, @truce 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to see you join us here! Welcome.

We don't have a formal update regarding a FAQ page for the Online Store, just yet. I am, however, happy to push your feedback and vocal support of this feature to our Product Teams! In the meantime, were you able to find success with the work-around that Tom suggested above?

I will keep an eye out for your response! 

Joe
Message 4 of 15

Cool - thanks. I will use the workaround for now!

Message 5 of 15

Awesome! Let us know if anything else comes up, @truce. We are here to help!

Joe
Message 6 of 15

It's 2022 and every other website platform I have used, has this option. Is this in the works yet?

Message 7 of 15

I haven't found it yet, if it exists.

Message 8 of 15
Agency Partner

Working on a project for a client and very surprised that an FAQ section isn't a readily available feature. Any update on this?

Message 9 of 15

No updates at this time. Something I can mention is that Square Online aims to be the best eCommerce experience for most Sellers. However, when Site Design becomes complex (beyond just Selling) then yeah you may find that Square Online may be lacking some elements that more complex sites like WordPress will offer. 

I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Message 10 of 15

This is an expensive platform to run a site on.  A FAQs template should be available by now.  Customers have been asking for it for over 2 years. Poor customer service to say the least. 

Message 11 of 15

4 years now since this thread started. It would take a day or two at most to have someone a developer at Square Online code this (and by code I mean grab some code off Github) and implement this. 

Message 12 of 15

Best Answer

Hello, @clarajanenash

Thanks so much for this Request. Some of our requests do get lost within posts. In order to appropriately send these to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Online. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Message 13 of 15
Beta Member

Any updates on this feature?  We are looking to switch from Shopify to Square Online but very surprised to see there isn't a better way to add FAQ's   

Message 14 of 15

Hey there @Mieke-Lily at this time there are no new updates on this feature becoming available. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature.

JJ
Message 15 of 15