x

How to add multiples of the same item in different colors?

I'm trying to figure out how to add multiples of 1 item, but they are different colors.  How can I make it so they can choose specific color at checkout without making separate item?

Message 1 of 20
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You can do it a couple of ways.

Want to Track inventory?  If you do then use an item variable

Enter your item then click add Variations at the bottom.  This will allow you to add your colors.  These are treated like separate items just grouped together. Help Article

For example.  I sell a t-shirt with multiple sizes. I use variations for each of my sizes.  I could also do sizes and colors.

Don't care about Inventory.

If you are not tracking your inventory for each color then you can use item modifiers. You can add each color as a modifier.  You can even add an extra charge if there is one. Help article

Hope that points you in the right direction.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You can do it a couple of ways.

Want to Track inventory?  If you do then use an item variable

Enter your item then click add Variations at the bottom.  This will allow you to add your colors.  These are treated like separate items just grouped together. Help Article

For example.  I sell a t-shirt with multiple sizes. I use variations for each of my sizes.  I could also do sizes and colors.

Don't care about Inventory.

If you are not tracking your inventory for each color then you can use item modifiers. You can add each color as a modifier.  You can even add an extra charge if there is one. Help article

Hope that points you in the right direction.

Message 2 of 20

Thank you so much I have been so frustrated with it.  I thought I had done that but I guess I didnt

Message 3 of 20

OMG.....me too, this has been driving me nuts.  Mine are different sizes for different prices though. 😞

Message 4 of 20
Admin

👋 Hi @SSSoapGirl! You can create item variations for a different size (or sizes) and set a different price for each size. I'm not sure if you checked the item variants help article shared by @RHatch above but it has the next steps. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 20
Beta Member

Is there a way of doing this , using, POS, without leaving the screen for the item you're in? For example, right now, if a customer wants 2 shirts with the same design in different sizes, I have to:

Select the T-shirt item

Select the variant size

Click Add

Select the T-shirt size again

Click the second variant size

Then Add (again)

Is there a way to, instead, Select the item and add all the variant sizes to the sale all at once?

Message 6 of 20
Admin

Hello @sharif! Hmm there isn't a way to select multiple variations in the way you're describing I'm afraid.  

As a workaround/alternative have you tried searching for and selecting the t-shirt item from your item library (tap the icon that looks like a bulleted list) instead of the item grid? When you select an item that way your search should save (until you clear it) which might make it easier to tap it again to add the second variation.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 20

How do I list similar items with the same variations and prices?

Message 8 of 20
Alumni

Create the items that are similar as separate items and add variations/prices by following the link within the best answer posted on this thread. I merged you so you could see. 

@Wendyk4quilts

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 20

Hi! I am new to this. I sell shirts. Under each design I would like to give the option of a tank top OR a t-shirt. The tank tops have different color options than the t-shirts. How would I add these options? 

Message 10 of 20
Admin

Welcome @ladyjanedesigns! We all have to start somewhere, so glad you're here. 🙂

I moved your question to this relevant thread where RHatch walks through how you can get this set up. He gives two options: one being if you're interested in tracking inventory, and the other if you're not interested in tracking. 

Hope this thread helps get you started off on the right foot!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 11 of 20

I've always been able to enter item variations, but I don't have the option any more. What happened to this option?

Message 12 of 20

HI, I agree it is confusing.  To add Variations is now Options and Pricing, a pop-up Add Options, once your variations are added, it will appear as it was before.  In my option too many steps added for something that was fine originally.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 13 of 20

Why is square changing things that dont need fixed and not fixing the things that do?? Since this change to item variations/options. Its been problems. Its alot more steps and confusing and also items with variations that have been that way for months all the sudden variations just disappear.  I never edited the item or anything but some just are gone.  Tried to call in to report as a ticket but not sure that will even do any good.  Also I cant seem to edit these variations on my screen like I used to .

Thanks

Message 14 of 20
Beta Member

Hello - I need to create different sized wine glass options (250, 175 & 125ml) which will then draw stock down from the same stock holding. I have looked and can not find an answer on how to do this. Can anyone help please?

Message 15 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hi @HopsBoogie - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

From what you've explained, it sounds like creating Item Variations would be the best solution for you.

When creating items you can add variations, which allows you to create multiple price points, each with its own SKU).

You can also mark the item as sold out and schedule a time for the item to automatically restock. When you use inventory management, you can track sizes, colors, or other price points. Depending on the item, you can also create price points for whole or decimal quantities.

I've merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have been discussing this feature.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let us know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 16 of 20
Beta Member

Sorry - but no this doesn't answer my question. I need to manage my wine stock down to ingredient level. I have 54 bottles of red in stock at the moment, I need to set up that glasses of wine (125ml, 175ml & 250ml) all draw down from this stock. I cant find instruction on how to set these wine glasses up as an option. How do I do that?

Thanks

S

Message 17 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hello @HopsBoogie

This would be considered a Feature Request. At this time, Square can reduce inventory at hand and not based on another item.

An example of this is having 3 Food Trucks that rely on one inventory location. 

I will pass your feedback over to our product team for their visibility and consideration when working on upcoming updates. 

JJ
Message 18 of 20
Beta Member

Hi JJ - I can use this feature with draught beer & cider - pints, 2/3, 1/2 & 1/3. Can I not create the same thing for bottles of wine/glasses & spirits? I was lead to beleive that this was now an option?

Message 19 of 20
Beta Member

I believe what I am looking for is how to set up ingredient level stock management.

Message 20 of 20