x

How to add the paid deposit to a remaining balance invoice?

I take my deposits through my online store, I then send the client an invoice for their remaining balance. So far I have put the "Deposit Paid" under "Discounts" to have in together. However the deposit under "Discounts" is still counting the amount to my Net income so it is counting it twice from the initial deposit they make online and then when I put it in their invoice. Is there a way I can add it to their remaining balance invoice as a partial payment already made? 

I do know you can send them an invoice and schedule the deposit first, but I don't want go through the hassle every time until they have made a deposit, because I send out a lot of quotes, and a lot of people say yes, then don't book.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

From an account standpoint, discounts decrement your net sales, they don't add to it so you shouldn't see a double entry. I suggest reaching out to CS so they can help make sense of your reports. 

Another option is to send the invoice with the amount minus the deposit paid and add a blurb in the description field: Paid deposit in the amount of $X.XX

@Limolady

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2