x

How to apply automatic discount to quantity of items with variable pricing?

I'd like to apply an automatic discount "6 popsicles for $20" but each popsicle category has a different price. We have three price brackets for different types of popsicles: Fruit pops are $3.55, Ice Cream pops are $3.65, and Gourmet pops are $4.15. 

I want to make it so that any 6 items from those categories are a flat $20. The automatic discount doesn't allow for a variable number to deduct from the total. I want to track inventory on these items so that's why I'd like to ring them up and then apply a discount

Is there an option or a work around for this problem?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi there @popsicleshop-

You should be able to accomplish this by setting up a quantity discount which would trigger a discount like the one you mention above, when an exact quantity of a particular item or items from a certain category are added to the cart.

Let me know if you're having trouble still!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How do i price an item for 2 for 1

How do i do a 2 for 1 price.  I would like to price each item but i can't go to three decimal points

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Sounds like you're looking to set up quantity based Automatic Discounts. Check out Nika's answer above, as it provides a link to get started.

@Jamesstahl

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4