x

How to change balance due date on square invoice when the deposit has been paid on the same invoice?

How to change balance due date on square invoice when the deposit has been paid? I have a bride that changed her wedding date. I need the balance due date to be further out. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Is there a way to send an invoice without a due date so the customer can pay it anytime, since they cannot pay when it is past due?

Message 2 of 13
Square

We don't have a way to send an invoice without assigning a due date but I'd love to hear a little more about how you would use that feature. Is there a specific payment that an open-ended invoice would help with? 

Keep in mind, your customer's will still be able to pay their invoices even if they are overdue. The overdue status is for reporting purposes but won't effect your customer's ability to pay. 

Message 3 of 13

I was looking for this usage to or upon delivery or pickup as we make custom furniture and customers pay at that time.

Message 4 of 13

Hello,

I second this feature request. How it been implemented yet?

Message 5 of 13
Square Community Moderator

There are no updates at this time for this feature @Cccurbs. However, I will pass over your question to our product team for their visibility.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 13

i do wish that there was not a due date - this gives the client no pressure. invoices are usually used to show a client a quote. 

Message 7 of 13

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Invoice due upon delivery/pickup without specific date" The author has been notified via email.

Was wondering if square could add a due date on the invoices as upon delivery or pickup that doesn’t have a specific date set. We make custom furniture and send invoices ahead of completion. Would like this option cause we don’t have them pay until this time.

Message 8 of 13

Hi @glambyangel,

Here is more how to manage your Square invoices. You will want to refer specifically to the section on editing invoices:

Edit an Invoice

1. Navigate to Invoices in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click on the desired invoice.
  3. Click Edit to update the invoice details.
Message 9 of 13

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Can I change the due date of a split payment after I relieve balance deposit?

Hi, I was wondering. I sent an invoice for a total amount of $$ that requested a deposit. And the remaining balance was schedule into two payments. After i send the invoice, am I able to go back and change the due date of those two payments?

Thanks in advance

Message 10 of 13
Alumni

Assuming your question is related to Invoices, the due date can be changed by selecting the invoice to modify and clicking Edit in the bottom right of your screen. From there, change the date within the Due field and Save.

@GuzmanGonzalez

Justin
Message 11 of 13

Hi, how can I charge my customer an early checkout on a remaining balance which they are willing to payout early. If I edit the invoice then due date for all payments change. My customer has already paid the initial deposit, it’s only the remaining balance due that I need to charge. How can I do this on the same invoice without it resetting totally. 

Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

@Radindiscity 👋 Welcome to the Seller Community!

In order to update the scheduled date for the remaining amount on your partially paid invoice you need to be in you Square Dashboard .

From there you would need to follow these steps: 

1) Click on Edit Payment Schedule under the Total Section of the Invoice edit screen:

2) Once the payment schedule is shown click on the specific date you want the remaining balance be due by:

3) Click Save on the Payment Schedule Screen and then Save to complete the edits done to the Invoice.

I hope this information is helpful! If you feel you need a hand, our Support team would be able to look into this with you!  Please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Message 13 of 13