x
Highlighted

How to change e-mail address?

How do I change the e-mail address associated with the credit card I have on Square? I am not a business, but I made an account to ask this question. I used a school e-mail address once when using this credit card and since then, I've had Square receipts sent to that school e-mail. 

That school e-mail is about to expire since I have graduated and I can't find a single way to change the school e-mail associated with the card I've used. 

I want to keep using that card and keep getting e-mailed Square receipts, but not to the school e-mail that is still associated with that credit card. 

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to change e-mail address?

Best Answer

Since you are not a Square seller, you can't just change it in your profile. However, since you are getting emails with receipts, those will link back to Square and should give you the option to edit your info via that receipt. Another option is to ask one of the shops who actually saves your customer profile to edit your info.

Unfortunately, once you have your receipt sent to you via text or email, Square automatically will send it there from now on. I often have customers ask me to change their info. It's a simple change so someone should be willing to do it for you if you can't figure it out via the link in your email receipt. Hope this helps.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Best Answer

Since you are not a Square seller, you can't just change it in your profile. However, since you are getting emails with receipts, those will link back to Square and should give you the option to edit your info via that receipt. Another option is to ask one of the shops who actually saves your customer profile to edit your info.

Unfortunately, once you have your receipt sent to you via text or email, Square automatically will send it there from now on. I often have customers ask me to change their info. It's a simple change so someone should be willing to do it for you if you can't figure it out via the link in your email receipt. Hope this helps.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
Highlighted

Okay, thanks a lot! I've tried a million times to find a way to change it from the receipts e-mailed to me, but no luck. I'll try asking the next (business) that I buy from that uses Square. 

Thanks again! 

Message 3 of 12
Highlighted

Well, that is completely useless to me as a customer because I don't have that email address anymore!! All of my receipts are going straight into the garbage and there seems to be nothing I can do about it on my end.

I will give the vendors each one chance to allow me to change where my receipts go, and if they cannot, I will no longer do business with vendors who use square. I can continue to use them for personal purchases, but no longer any business purchases.

Message 4 of 12
Highlighted

Next time you purchase something from a vendor who uses Square, there should be an option on the screen as to how to receive your receipt -- email or text, or none.  You can indeed change your email on that screen as a customer.  When you touch your email address, a keyboard pops up and you can edit it. 

Message 5 of 12
Highlighted

I have the same problem.  My credit card is registered in Square to my EX WIFE.  So she is getting all the square receipts for my card.  I have already removed her as an authorized user with the credit card.  But I have NO way to access her emails to remove her from the square database for MY credit card.  

Message 6 of 12
Highlighted
Admin

Sorry you're in that situation @Bob9. @chiromartinez's answer above is accurate for how you can change the email address. 

@VanKalkerFarms also has the Best Answer for how you can get the email changed here.

Nika_S
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 12
Highlighted

OK, thanks. I'll give it a try.

Message 8 of 12
Highlighted

The seller's copy of the sales receipt is going to the wrong email.  It's going to the email I originally used to set up the store.  That changed, and was changed at the Dashboard (Acct/Settings). The reports are going to the new email, but not the receipts.  What is up?

Message 9 of 12
Highlighted
Admin

Hi there, @JRC-Joe! Thanks for reaching out to us here.

Just to make sure I am understanding you correctly, your (Seller) copy of the customers emailed receipt is not going to your main account email address even though you've adjusted correctly in settings?

If so, this definitely sounds irregular. This may be something we need you to flag over to our Support Team for further insight.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 12