x

I'm a buyer - how do I change the email address to which I will receive my receipts?

Hello - I'm not a seller, I'm just a casual buyer.

How do I change the email address to which I will receive my receipts?

I just want to change the email address Square sends my digital receipts to.

I'm changing my personal email address and I can't find where to do this.

Thank you

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Change the email address for my digital receipts

Message 1 of 28
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

On your receipt, you received via email there is a spot you can click that says "not my receipt".  You can click this and disassociate your current email with your card, and the next time you go to use it Square with that credit card it will prompt you to enter your information again to receive the email, and you can enter your new address.

Another option is when you are at an establishment that uses Square you can have them resend your receipt (usually the receipt just automatically goes to the account on record with square) and this will allow them to change the email address that Square stores.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Generally, you're getting the receipt based on the email address on file with the credit/debit card you are using. The other possibility is, the merchant has you as a customer in his/her system and it's sending to the email you have on file with them. But I'd start with my personal financial institution and change the email address there. Maybe start with just one card and make sure to use that card the next time you shop with a Square merchant. At the same time, ask the merchant to look you up in the customer database and change the address with them as well, if they have you on file. Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 28

What if you don't have access to the email address on file, but you do own the credit card?

Message 3 of 28
Super Seller

Best Answer

On your receipt, you received via email there is a spot you can click that says "not my receipt".  You can click this and disassociate your current email with your card, and the next time you go to use it Square with that credit card it will prompt you to enter your information again to receive the email, and you can enter your new address.

Another option is when you are at an establishment that uses Square you can have them resend your receipt (usually the receipt just automatically goes to the account on record with square) and this will allow them to change the email address that Square stores.

Message 4 of 28

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to change e-mail address?

How do I change the e-mail address associated with the credit card I have on Square? I am not a business, but I made an account to ask this question. I used a school e-mail address once when using this credit card and since then, I've had Square receipts sent to that school e-mail. 

That school e-mail is about to expire since I have graduated and I can't find a single way to change the school e-mail associated with the card I've used. 

I want to keep using that card and keep getting e-mailed Square receipts, but not to the school e-mail that is still associated with that credit card. 

Message 5 of 28
Super Seller Alumni

Since you are not a Square seller, you can't just change it in your profile. However, since you are getting emails with receipts, those will link back to Square and should give you the option to edit your info via that receipt. Another option is to ask one of the shops who actually saves your customer profile to edit your info.

Unfortunately, once you have your receipt sent to you via text or email, Square automatically will send it there from now on. I often have customers ask me to change their info. It's a simple change so someone should be willing to do it for you if you can't figure it out via the link in your email receipt. Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 28

Okay, thanks a lot! I've tried a million times to find a way to change it from the receipts e-mailed to me, but no luck. I'll try asking the next (business) that I buy from that uses Square. 

Thanks again! 

Message 7 of 28

Well, that is completely useless to me as a customer because I don't have that email address anymore!! All of my receipts are going straight into the garbage and there seems to be nothing I can do about it on my end.

I will give the vendors each one chance to allow me to change where my receipts go, and if they cannot, I will no longer do business with vendors who use square. I can continue to use them for personal purchases, but no longer any business purchases.

Message 8 of 28

Next time you purchase something from a vendor who uses Square, there should be an option on the screen as to how to receive your receipt -- email or text, or none.  You can indeed change your email on that screen as a customer.  When you touch your email address, a keyboard pops up and you can edit it. 

Message 9 of 28

I have the same problem.  My credit card is registered in Square to my EX WIFE.  So she is getting all the square receipts for my card.  I have already removed her as an authorized user with the credit card.  But I have NO way to access her emails to remove her from the square database for MY credit card.  

Message 10 of 28
Admin

Sorry you're in that situation @Bob9. @chiromartinez's answer above is accurate for how you can change the email address. 

@VanKalkerFarms also has the Best Answer for how you can get the email changed here.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 11 of 28

OK, thanks. I'll give it a try.

Message 12 of 28

That is not true because right after a customer swipes their card, it automatically says "Receipt sent to *****@*mail.com" meaning, it immediately sends the receipt to the email address linked to your card by your financial institution -- you don't even have an opportunity to select an option whether to get receipt by text or email, or even change your email.

Message 13 of 28

Hi ! 

i've been following the protocole to change my email adress, actually it's not my profesionnal adress that is linked to my square. 

Does somebody knows how to fix it 

Thanks 

Message 14 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hello @MC1raynault

Welcome to the Seller Community! 

Sorry you are encountering some trouble with this. For a helpful guideline on how to edit your email, click here.  For more insight we're will be moving your post to a similar thread here. 

Hope this helps! 

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 28

This is a fine response, if one is still receiving the emailed receipts.

I am in a situation where I used my work email address as my registered Square address, as I was making purchases for my job.

I am no longer at that job so I don't have access to that email address any longer - I can't receive any emails sent to that address.

How does one change the Square-associated email address if one does not have access to the email address Square has on file?

Message 16 of 28

Hi there, @taser8 - thanks for reaching out! This is a good question.

If you no longer have access to a previous email used on your account, we recommend reaching out to our Support Team. They will be able to assist you with putting a new email on your existing account.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Joe
Message 17 of 28

This would have been resolved if you let your customers CHOOSE FROM SOME OPTIONS FIRST before you send those automatic receipts, whether they want to send a receipt to the email address linked to their ATM card, to a DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS they will enter, or through text by entering their phone number. Can't believe Square haven't had that option from the beginning..

Message 18 of 28

I do not work for the company where I first used my Visa.  I know have multiple businesses send receipts to my former company email address that i do not have access to any longer.  How can I change my email>??

Message 19 of 28

This has personally happened to me too with my doctor sending emails to my previous employer email @sockeye84. In order to correct this you can visit profile.squareup.com to make changes to your Square communication preferences.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 20 of 28

Thank you all for your suggestions. I checked my bank account, and yes, I forgot to change my email address on my account. I updated that, now I'll wait and see what happens next time I make a Square purchase.

Message 21 of 28