x
EqualRectangle4

How to change e-mail address?

How do I change the e-mail address associated with the credit card I have on Square? I am not a business, but I made an account to ask this question. I used a school e-mail address once when using this credit card and since then, I've had Square receipts sent to that school e-mail. 

That school e-mail is about to expire since I have graduated and I can't find a single way to change the school e-mail associated with the card I've used. 

I want to keep using that card and keep getting e-mailed Square receipts, but not to the school e-mail that is still associated with that credit card. 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
blackberryhouse

Re: How to change e-mail address?

Best Answer

Since you are not a Square seller, you can't just change it in your profile. However, since you are getting emails with receipts, those will link back to Square and should give you the option to edit your info via that receipt. Another option is to ask one of the shops who actually saves your customer profile to edit your info.

Unfortunately, once you have your receipt sent to you via text or email, Square automatically will send it there from now on. I often have customers ask me to change their info. It's a simple change so someone should be willing to do it for you if you can't figure it out via the link in your email receipt. Hope this helps.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
blackberryhouse

Best Answer

Since you are not a Square seller, you can't just change it in your profile. However, since you are getting emails with receipts, those will link back to Square and should give you the option to edit your info via that receipt. Another option is to ask one of the shops who actually saves your customer profile to edit your info.

Unfortunately, once you have your receipt sent to you via text or email, Square automatically will send it there from now on. I often have customers ask me to change their info. It's a simple change so someone should be willing to do it for you if you can't figure it out via the link in your email receipt. Hope this helps.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
EqualRectangle4

Okay, thanks a lot! I've tried a million times to find a way to change it from the receipts e-mailed to me, but no luck. I'll try asking the next (business) that I buy from that uses Square. 

Thanks again! 

Message 3 of 4
scfam

Well, that is completely useless to me as a customer because I don't have that email address anymore!! All of my receipts are going straight into the garbage and there seems to be nothing I can do about it on my end.

I will give the vendors each one chance to allow me to change where my receipts go, and if they cannot, I will no longer do business with vendors who use square. I can continue to use them for personal purchases, but no longer any business purchases.

Message 4 of 4