x

How to change modifier based on variant selected on POS and online menu

I’m using square for restaurants and I’m wondering if there’s a way to change a modifier set based on what variant a user selected when ordering. For example, if I’m ordering a 10 piece of chicken, I want the sauce modifier to only allow one selection. However, if I select the 30 piece variant, I’d want to give the option for customers to select up to 2 different sauces. I’m trying to avoid having customers write in an order comment or for me to have to create two different menu items for the same food to achieve this. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

That's a great question, @wingpowerri. Yes, you are able to customize based on the variant you want to be selected. 

Under Modifiers, select “…“ > Customize under a specific modifier to manage additional settings (like minimum or maximum number of selectable modifiers). Changes made here will only appear on the current item and won’t affect other items using the same modifier.
Complete all other item details and select Save when finished.

Saved modifiers will remain in a modifier library where you can add them to other items as needed following these same steps.

Learn more about modifiers for items in Square Online.

Let me know if this helps.

Message 2 of 2