x

How to charge no-show fee when credit card on file is declined?

I often book new client appointments via phone, creating a new profile for them within Square with a credit card on file. However, several times clients have been no-shows and when I've tried to process payment for the no-show fee their cards were declined. Unfortunately, the phone calls to each of them were all unreturned.

Is there a workaround to avoid this issue in the future? For example, instead of using the convenience of the dashboard within Square, should I just go to my own website and book it online? From what I've read here in the support section, it appears that using this method the appointment will not be booked if the card is declined. Is this accurate?

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

There's nothing you can do if the card is declined and the customer won't reply other than requiring multiple forms of card on file or taking payment up front.  there are always going to be people that no-show and if their credit card is over the limit there is nothing you can do whether it is processing it with Square or another bank.

Message 2 of 2