x

How to contact online order customer from Square App?

Our restaurant staff needs to contact the customer when an item is out of stockAnyone figure out a way to view the contact details of a online order customer on the Square app, and not the online dashboard?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Before you give up @BobaChef I have had luck with the app giving me phone numbers through Online Orders. The customer has the option on the checkout screens to enter their phone number, especially if they're creating an account.

In the Point of Sale app, go to your Orders applet. Open the order, then click on the blue down arrow up by their name on the right column. You should get a Contact Customer link (and usually an option to reprint tickets). Tapping on Contact Customer gives you the phone number. If Contact Customer isn't listed here then the customer didn't enter their phone number on checkout.

ol.jpg

Interesting aside, if the customer enters their phone number, when you tap Mark As Ready they get a text from Square saying their order is ready. If I don't see a number linked here, I recommend to the customer they enter their number so that they get updated info about their orders.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Thanks for surfacing this, @BobaChef. I went to check, and the ability to surface the customer's contact information within the app isn't available as you've described.

As a workaround, you might consider asking your customers to leave a contact option in the notes field on the checkout screen. For more information on how to set it up, have a look at this post: Can you create custom or customize the check out form/fields for the online store?

Please keep watch for updates. I realize that not all of your customers may catch this during checkout, but I hope the workaround helps in the meantime. If any other sellers have a process that's worked well for them, please don't hesitate to share!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 5

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that box is ignored since customers already entered their contact number on that same page. Anyone find a better way?

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

Before you give up @BobaChef I have had luck with the app giving me phone numbers through Online Orders. The customer has the option on the checkout screens to enter their phone number, especially if they're creating an account.

In the Point of Sale app, go to your Orders applet. Open the order, then click on the blue down arrow up by their name on the right column. You should get a Contact Customer link (and usually an option to reprint tickets). Tapping on Contact Customer gives you the phone number. If Contact Customer isn't listed here then the customer didn't enter their phone number on checkout.

ol.jpg

Interesting aside, if the customer enters their phone number, when you tap Mark As Ready they get a text from Square saying their order is ready. If I don't see a number linked here, I recommend to the customer they enter their number so that they get updated info about their orders.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 5

Sorry I forgot to reply back to this. This works. Thank you so much @ryanwanner for pointing out where to find their contact number!

Message 5 of 5