x

How to create Volume Discounts for my online store?

I'm trying to offer my customers an automatic online discount if they order a specific number of a specific item on my online store. 

Are coupons the only way to offer discounts online? This can't be correct. I Need the same discount we use in the pos in my permanent location. 

NOTE: there used to be a feature on the pos that would allow us to "make this discount available in your online store". Where is that?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

At this time it's only possible to use coupons, but I do believe we are working on allowing automatic discounts for the Online Store items. Unfortunately we do not have an eta to provide, but hopefully it is something that will be added soon.

As far as the feature on pos, I'm assuming it was removed since it's not possible to apply those discounts to the online store at this time. You are more than welcome to reach out to the support team for additional information, but I'll also see if I can find out more information about it. 

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Hi @BernadetteA 

I think automatic discounts for the Online Store can help us to achieve more sales as many customers like to shop online with curb side pick up.  If we can do automatic quantity discount online then customers will probably buy more products.  For my store, we still operate in short hours because of COVID.  I was thinking about offering early bird discount (during the hours when we are closed) in my online store to gain more sales and customers can pick up the product after we open.  

I hope this feature can be available soon.

Thank you 

Chris

Message 3 of 7

Automatic discounts are very important in order to be able to offer a similar shopping experience for our customers. A customer repurchasing an item in the online store expects a similar discount they may have seen at a vendor show or physical location. When they go to make an order online it would be great to have the same type of discounts available.  Allow us to check a box to enable a store discount to be available on the online store. In my opinion it cant happen soon enough. It is impossible to create the same type of discount with a coupon.

Message 4 of 7

Having the ability to automatically allow discounts for the online store will be a game changer. It's a pain in the butt that the same sales in store can not easily be applied online. If there was a simple button while making the instore discounts to apply to online store it would make things so much better. I REALLY hope this is coming soon. 

Message 5 of 7

if you order more than 50 boxes off our site, the price will change. Am I in the right thread here?

my customers needs to contact me to get that discount for larger volumes. Can that be fixed?

Mark Choquette
Message 6 of 7
Alumni

Thanks for posting @BoxSalesCo! Right now, volume/quantity based discounts is a limitation with Square Online. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7