x

How to create processing time after a hair color service?

How to create processing time after a hair color service?

I just downloaded and set my Square appointment app. But as a hairdresser, I am able to take a client while my other client is processing after applying her color. Is there a way to have a gap of free time after a color service? or do i have maually do it myself?

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How to create processing time after a hair color service? - Status changed to: Fixed

We have launched this to production and you are now able to add processing time to your appointments. For information check out our Product Update:

Create a Service with processing times

1. Navigate to the Items tab of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Select Service Library > Create Service.
  3. Under Duration toggle on Add Processing time.
  4. Click on the Processing Time Duration field and select the duration of your processing time.
  5. Once you’re done creating your service, click Save

Read more in our Support Center

27 Comments
Admin

Hello @kstieben90

With Square Appointments you can block time after one service has ended and before another has started. But, your clients won't be able to book appointments during this time.

You could shorten the duration of your appointment for hair color service. That way other clients could book an appointment at an earlier time before the hair color service is finished. But you might also like to add a note in the Service Description that hair coloring takes extra time, so that your customers are fully aware! 

I definitely see how you, and other hairdressers, would benefit from a feature that would do this automatically. I'll share your feedback with our Product Team

Is there any sort of update to this? We need processing time available as an option to add to services. Plenty of other booking softwares have this option available and providing your customers with this option will make Square more marketable to Salons/Spas.

Hello @allurehairandb, currently this is still a feature request that we're tracking. Currently I don't have a timeline for when this feature might be available. 

I have gone ahead and flagged your comment for our Product Team so we can add your voice to this feature request.

If you have any questions please let me know. 

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How do clients book more than one service in a visit?".

Along with this question, is there a way to add a processing time (time while a color is processing) between a multiple service? 

Example:  Color retouch and haircut with a 30 min processing time in between.

...as well as be able to schedule an appointment within those 30 mins, including a client wanting multiple services as well.

I had asked a similar question back in June before your Hair and Beauty event in Las Vegas and hadn't gotten a response as of yet.  
Our salon would LOVE to use your appointments service as long as it is salon friendly.  

Til then... 

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: hi

As a hairstylist I usually schedule appointments for haircuts and such in between color or chemical service appointments. Is there a way to book my appointments and have processing time open and available for clients to book

Hi there, I am Currently using schedulicity to book my appointments. The application and software that they have allows me to book in between appointments during my process. Unfortunaly i think i am going to have to continue to use that service until you all have updates on your software so that way it will allow me and my team to utiliize our down time since this discussion has been up for over a year and there is still no updates \.

Admin

Hey @styleintheabq, I went to check on this and, while our Appointments Team is still tracking this request, there aren't any updates that I can access and share out right now. We'll circle back here as soon as any developments come through—definitely want to be able to offer a more streamlined experience.

I am also interested in using your appointment booking services. I use VagaroPro at the moment and they allow you to book processing time and book another appointment during that time. Unfortunately I’ll have to stick with the other program until square can have software that is better for hairdressers. 

I just ran into the same problem. It’s a must for me to switch. Hopefully this becomes an option soon.

It’s been for a while since....but still has got no this processing time function for hairdressing business yet!?!?