x

How to customise my URL's H1 tag

Hi,

I recently read an article that explained the importance of a URL's H1 tag and its connection with google's page ranking. The H1 tag is an identifier that google analyses to assist in qualifying a URL by its content theme.

So, I explored this by opening my URL www.eurovanpartsstore.com in Chrome and clicking View > Developer > View Source. This opens a new Tab displaying the page in code. I then clicked Edit > Find > Find, which opens a search box into which I entered; 'H1'

Here is my problem.

My sites H1 tag is... "w1h1","category_image_ratio":"w1h1"

My URL is a "Parts and Accessories for Motorhomes, Camper Vans and Caravan 4X4's" online store and my H1 tag should essentially be saying this to google.

How do I change it?  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

I believe @MuseBelts was having issues with this previously. Do you have any insight?

Otherwise, @AdamB or myself can look into this further. Thank you @Eurovan

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 12

I looked at that URL and I am unable to even view it. "

"This site can’t be reached"

My first question is Are you a Square/Weebly client?

To place a proper syntax tag you would use the Embed code section on the left of your dashboard. In theory, if your coding is correct it will appear like this <h1 id="site-title"><span><a href="https://thezman.com/wordpress/" rel="home">The Z Blog</a></span></h1>

But the Embed code section(another name for code injector) corrupts the input and after publishing, it will not appear as a recognizable legitimate H tag. You could look on my website and see it clearly. My H tags appear improper, and that is because they have a bug in the API. I spent weeks learning how to create H tags through Google resources. So I know how to find them, I know how to make them

I suggest joining Bing Webmaster. They have a huge resource of tools as I did. They have a tool that will tell you if you have legit H tags or not. Their tools will look through your website and offer suggestions and fixes.

I spent 5-6 months of my life dealing with Weebly very poor tech support on this issue and they have no intention of fixing it. Weebly offers a low budget web platform with zero SEO capabilities

Message 3 of 12

Ok I was able to navigate to your page. 

You do not have any H tags. Anywhere on your site. 

If you want to gain in Google or Bing search rankings you will need proper H Tags. Without proper H tags your SEO is dead in the water.

I would read up on Bing or Google web pages on creating them and how to place them.

But if you are a Square/Weebly client, you can forget that. Their platform does not function correctly so they wont appear correctly.

Message 4 of 12

Hi @MuseBelts 

Yes, my apologies I had mistyped my own URL... 😅

That was my understanding for attempting to gain SEO traction.

I have built my website using square.site

Are you saying that by 'Their platform does not function correctly so they wont appear correctly'  I do not have customisation over the H1 tags?

Message 5 of 12

Here is what I am describing Look closely at the two code on the left and right and tell me what the difference is.Look closely at the two code on the left and right and tell me what the difference is.

Message 6 of 12

Whatever you put into the Embed Code section is corrupted. Google and Bing confirmed this with me. It does not recognize what Weebly API embed code section publishes. I have lengthy emails with Bing Webmaster who actually discovered the problem.

Message 7 of 12

Thank you @MuseBelts 

So the \ is defaulted into the code and renders the H1 tag non functional? 

Message 8 of 12

That is correct.

It does this every time. It does a couple other things as well. H2 and H3 tags after publishing it adds something that corrupts the code the prevents it to be recognized as a legitimate H tag.

I did many screenshots because with Weebly tech support they don't know coding. And you have to show them what the problems is. It is a problem that goes to a higher level of tech support. And no one from the "higher level" will talk to me.

I know a Weebly App developer that said that the API has a bug. My question is why isn't Weebly willing to solve this simple issue related to SEO?

Message 9 of 12

Is there any update on this? I'm using SEMRush to check SEO and showing no H1 tag on my own homepage. Is there any workaround at all?

Message 10 of 12

Since Square tech support refuses to fix their platform, I left Square and created a new website on Wix. Wix has far better SEO capabilities.

Message 11 of 12

According to Square Online staff, changing it is not possible.

I recently found out the platform's limitations through multiple chats with staff and supervisors over 48hrs of trying to either have them change or allow me to change some SEO basics to allow Google and Bing index my site (and allow it to be found on Google). My site (https://mixengineer.art) and others unfortunately will continue to show these errors possibly preventing it from being indexed properly.

In the direct words of their support, "No, this platform wasnt designed for in depth HTML or SEO alterations." 

I do wish they would reflect this in their advertising so it is clear to customers who have transitioned or are about to transition from another platform to Square Online (I came from WordPress where I was able to complete my SEO in hours and the website showing in Google in just a few days).

I'm happy to answer any questions you have based on my experience.

-Mix Engineer
https://mixengineer.art/ 

https://mixengineer.art/
Message 12 of 12