x

How to customize outbound emails to customers?

I wanted to customize email communications to customers. I am in online=>overview=>settings=>email set up=>email previews. There are may triggered outgoing emails and I tried to customize it with my business specific instructions. However, I am only able to edit the logo and title, but I can't edit the text in the body of the email. Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Ally

Message 1 of 11
Report Inappropriate Content
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Hi @allysdumplings, thanks for your post! At the moment, there isn't a way to edit the pre-populated text for the emails under Email Setup. However, you can still add custom text and title above the instructions to give customer more information. 

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 09.52.40.png

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 11

Thanks for your response. I can add new text box and edit that way. However, how can I tell which content is dynamically connected with the actual purchase information and what information will stay the same? 

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Thanks for your reply @allysdumplings! Any information added in by yourself like new text box and company information (name, address, etc.) will stay the same and be displayed on all email. Everything else including the amount, pickup instruction, notes, etc. will be connected to the actual purchase/order information. 

When customer makes a purchase, the email they received will only include information relevant to their fulfilment method, the date it'll be available and more.

I hope this help!

Tra
Message 4 of 11

The body of the email seems ok now. However, how do you change the subject of the email. I sell frozen dumplings, but the confirmation email I test sent to myself is titled "Your download is ready". I don't see anywhere that I can customize the email subject. Please help. 

Thanks,

Ally

Message 5 of 11

Actually, I spoke too early. For some reason, there are some text that shows up in the text email I sent to myself, but I can't see these text anywhere in the editor. These triggered emails are so important, and it should be pretty easy to edit, but so far, it has been proving very frustrating. Image 1-21-21 at 8.29 PM.jpeg

Message 6 of 11
Admin

Hi Ally, thanks so much for flagging these! From looking at the screenshot and the subject line you gave, it sounds like the item might have been set as a Digital Item. That would explain why the subject line is Your download is ready! and why it pulls the Downloads Information rather than pickup or delivery instructions. 

ink - 2021-01-22T111322.313.png

Since you are selling frozen dumplings, it might be best to change the item type to either Physical or Prepared food and beverage. You can change the item type anytime by going to your Square Dashboard > Online > Item Library and click into the item you wish to edit. 

Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 11.15.46.png

I hope this will help!

Tra
Message 7 of 11

My item type has always been prepared food and beverage! Can you please look into this? I wanted to launch my site, but I can't launch it when the order confirmation is so confusing. 

Message 8 of 11

And just as a test, I changed my product type to physical and it has no impact on the subject nor the strange line of text. Please help me resolve this issue. 

Thanks,

Ally

Message 9 of 11
Admin

Really sorry to hear that changing the product type didn't help in this case, @allysdumplings! In this case, the best thing to do is to contact our Support team directly as they will be able to check the specific settings on your account and troubleshoot what may be causing the issue better.

When you contact the team, do let them know the exact test order and transaction that gave the wrong email; it'll help speed up the investigation for the team!

Tra
Message 10 of 11

Thanks, I have reached out to the support team and it is being investigated. 

Message 11 of 11