x

How to disconnect social media from deleted site

Hi, 

I have accidentally deleted a site before disconnecting both my instagram and Facebook pages. I have also now created a new site, but I keep receiving a message saying that only one site at a time can be connected to the social media pages. I have been trying to fix this problem for the past week now, but I still am not receiving clear answers. Just so it is clear, I cannot access the deleted site, so the work will have to be done directly from Facebook or Instagram, as these are the only things that I do have access to. 

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hi @Bakery2you, sorry to hear you are experiencing issue! It might be best to reach out to our Support team directly - they might be able to help accessing the deleted site and remove it from your Instagram or Facebook account. 

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 7

@tranguyen I've tried contacting them, they are still working on it though, as they don't quite know what the issue is/ how to deal with it. I sent them an email, and I also tried calling them. is there a way to get this done quicker?

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Unfortunately I wouldn't have access to deleted sites on my end so going through our Support team is the best way to get this resolved. I've reached out to the team and I can see the issue has been escalated and my colleague should reach out to your as soon as we have more information. 

Tra
Message 4 of 7

(UPDATE)

Yesterday I got my site back, and I tried disconnecting both Facebook and Instagram from the account. It looked like it worked, so I deleted the site. To my surprise, I realised that it had not worked, as I was still getting an error message saying that I couldn't have a Facebook account connected to more than one site.

I've contacted them again, and I have now been able to get my site back, but the page that I need does not load at all.

I tried going to dashboard > website > Facebook but I am getting a loading image and nothing else.

I've also tried going to dashboard > website > instagram but I am getting the same problem.

I've also tried going to dashboard > website > messenger and it looks as if the account is disconnected, but going to the new site, it says that I still can't connect and I receive the same error message as before.

I've tried using Safari, Google chrome, Microsoft Edge, and many other browser webs, tried on android and iPhones, but nothing, the page will not load.

I am attaching images of what that looks like.

Old site on Facebook- not loadingOld site on Facebook- not loadingOld site on Instagram- not loadingOld site on Instagram- not loadingOld site on Messanger- saying I need to connect accountOld site on Messanger- saying I need to connect accountNew site on Facebook- error messageNew site on Facebook- error messageNew site on Facebook- error messageNew site on Facebook- error message

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Bakery2you - I'll be sending you a private message to get more details related to your account. Please be on the lookout. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seciรณn y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hi @Bakery2you, just stepping in here for Sayra! I've reached out to my colleague who were looking into your case in order to escalate further. So sorry that this has taken a while to be resolved - I'm just waiting on an update myself an will reach out immediately once I have more information from the team. 

Tra
Message 7 of 7