x

Feature Request: Sell classes or events through my Square Online website

Feature Request: Sell classes or events through my Square Online website

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How do I create an email to sell dance classes on line? Do you have a way to code access?

How can I send an email that will sell an online dance class?  How can I create a unique code access for each purchase after a purchase on square to go to view the class?  I would like to sell dance classes online using your service.  I already have your service in place on my webpage. Thank you! Monique Bowman, Art In Motion Reno LLC

20 Comments

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Can someone give explicit directions on how to add events to the store through Weebly?

I can't figure out how to add an event to the online store on Weebly that I was directed to. It's confusing. 

Admin

Hey @Lillith, I'm really sorry for the confusion. There isn't an Events option with the Weebly-powered Square Online store - yet! But you can use the Weebly store to sell tickets (as products) as a workaround. 

If you need step-by-step instructions for your Weebly Store check out this Weebly Support Center article on how to add electronic products.

How do you create a event where people can go online and book tickets for a class with a maximum amount of tickets

Admin

Hello @Rowdygalmudhud! I've added your post to this thread where I answered this question and shared a link to the Weebly Support Center with the next steps! 

This seems obvious, but how do I create a ticket for my store? Some people have said create an event... but how do i do that? I don't see an option anywhere to create an event and there doesn't seem to be a topic started. Maybe Square is not the right service to use for event registrations/tickets...?

Alumni

Hey @KevinKA - currently this is a limitation with Weebly's Online Store. Another seller asked this same question in which @Helen responded with a workaround. I've moved your post so you can see it! 

Hello, 

Looking to use Square for my new yoga studio. Unsure whether or not to sign up for POS or Appointments. Currently, students can sign up for classes via a separate scheduling app called momoyoga but it seems to be slower and still working through some kinks. 

One option is to have students sign up on momoyoga to book classes online and then pay via Square for all in person transactions.

Option two would be to continue to use momoyoga, sign up for classes and give them the option to pay online or in person using square. As it is just me right now this might be the best option to save on time (not have to have everyone pay at the beginning of class).

Option three -- see if Square has the ability to schedule and pay for classes and eliminate momoyoga. Allowing members to sign up online and in person. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

Thank you,

A

Alumni

Hey  @lobayoga - thanks for posting! 

Sorry to say that Square Appointments does not support booking classes. Given this, I suggest option #2 and using Square's Online Store powered by Weebly for online sales and use the POS app to take payments in person. 

Check out this thread I moved you to so you can take notes from @Helen's best answer on how to set up your Online store. Alternatively, wouldn't be a bad idea to check out our eComm Partners that offer class booking capabilities

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Limit the number of customers

How can I adjust the calendar appointment if I only want a max of six customers per service. 
for example 

I can only see 6 students in a group tutoring session. 

Alumni

Welcome to the Seller Community, @Lissette🎉

I have two main suggestions here for you, and I've moved your post to this thread as one of the suggestions has been explained here by @Helen. Following these steps, you would create an event so that your students can go online and book tickets for a tutoring session. You would also be able to set a maximum amount of tickets to control the number of students attending the tutoring session.

An alternative would be to change your Appointments settings so that you must accept or decline all appointment requests. This option will require a bit more work on your end, as you'll need to keep up with how many appointment requests you've approved for a given time slot. Hopefully this helps!