x

How to export and include Created Date?

We're looking to find a report on how many New Users we get monthly. I can't find a good way of doing that or exporting it and being able to calculate that?

Am I missing something or is this possible?

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

The most accurate report would be the Sales Trend Report, basically it compares the sales you had previously with the sales you are having now.

Message 2 of 12

@jlemus , I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but I'm not looking for sales figures. I'm able to find those just fine and manipulate them many ways.

We're looking to find out how many New Customers we have entered each month. Because of how we're setup, even though the New Customer received our service, that doesn't necessarily mean there's a sale/transaction under their account. Basically, we're an infrared sauna and if a couple uses the Tandem room, one person will pay it and the other will show no transactions.

Is it possible to export the Customer List .csv with the 'Created On' field or is there any other way to show how many new customers per month we've had? This is an important calculation that can show growth and how many new customers we have coming in the door.

Message 3 of 12

Has there been an update on this? I'm also looking for this answer.

I'm in the customer directory and I can download/export the data, but it doesn't include a created date column even though the column shows up on the website reports.

Message 4 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @dessertarizona 👋

Can you clarify what you mean by the column showing up on the website reports? Are you referring to the Square Online website? 

Message 5 of 12

Hello,

Customer directory is located on Square Website: https://squareup.com/dashboard/customers/directory 

That link I also called it website reports in my previous message.

Sorry for the confusion.

Message 6 of 12
Super Seller

@dessertarizona ;

I just exported my customer list, and as you mentioned there is no created date, but I do have a 1st visit and a last visit.  I am not sure if that would be the creation date that your looking for?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 7 of 12

@Candlestore ,

Created Date is a field that shows up in the Customer Directory, but unfortunately it doesn't show up on the exported customer list.

First Visit would be helpful and would probably work for most people. Unfortunately, I'm using a third party kiosk that creates these customers and first visit or last visit don't get populated; although created date does. That's why I'm trying to chase after this created date field at the moment.

Message 8 of 12
Super Seller

@dessertarizona ;

Square is good at that, showing you data on your dashboard but unable to see it in exported data.  For me my First Visit Date and Created Date are the same since it is automatically created with a CC transaction and we do not collect customers data that pay in cash yet.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 9 of 12

Hello,

I wanted to follow up since I haven't heard back from you in 3 weeks. I want to hear what's Square official response.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 12
Square Community Moderator

My apologies, @dessertarizona️It seems I did not see the notification for your previous answer clarifying the page you were referring to. I'm very sorry for this delayed response! 

I do see what you mean with the Created Date option not showing in the exported file. I spoke with a teammate, and they advised the best course of action is to reach out to the support team directly as this appears to be a bug. A rep will be able to escalate this to the proper channel to have it looked into. 

Message 11 of 12

I just reached out to them and this is their response:

"The creation date of the profile is not a field/ column within the import file although you can see this on each individual customer profile. That is expected and not a bug, although I can see how it would be helpful to include this within the CSV file. This would be considered a limitation of the software design."

You can mark this thread as closed

Message 12 of 12