x

How to filter contacts by source of entry

A lot of spammy email accouts have added themselves to our email list via our web sign up form, which has increased our cost for Square Marketing emails, and has driven down our email engagement percentage. In the Customer database, please tell me how to filter for web-form email signups, so I can delete those fake users. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Sorry to hear it, @FM. I went to check on this and our Point of Sale team is looking into a resolution for sellers that have been encountering this issue.

At this time, the ability to filter out email campaigns based on how the contact information was collected (e.g. the web signup form) isn't available. In the meantime, I would suggest considering a different default customer group or contacting our Customer Success team. They'll be able to take a deeper dive into your Customer Directory and escalate any issues related to added spam addresses.

Again, I apologize for the frustration. Please do keep in touch as we're constantly making improvements to our services based on seller experience.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

I've tried contacting them - no luck. Could you please have them contact me? This is becoming a big problem for us. Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hi @FM - I just created a case for you so someone from our CS team should be following up shortly!

Message 4 of 4