x

How to find customer's email they entered upon purchase for receipt

Message 1 of 3
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How to find customer's email they entered upon purchase for receipt

That's correct. Per our privacy policy, we're currently unable to share any contact information that buyers enter into the Square system (e.g.: email addresses for receipts).

However, if you obtain customer contact information, and add it directly to the sale or your Customer Directory, that information is accessible in your online dashboard anytime. This article explains the steps to add customer information to your Customer Directory from the Square app. Also, depending on the payment card, you can also see a customer's name on the bottom-left corner of a payment receipt. To look up receipts, log into your Square Dashboard, and click "Transactions."

I hope this information helps a little bit! 

2 REPLIES 2

Yeah, I feel our pain on this one, too. Our agreement with Square when we signed up with them was that we don't get to view the customer's private information. That includes the email address that they enter on the receipts screen. I've signed up for customer engagement pro and I obtain the email address, select all, copy, and paste it in the spot for email receipts. 

If you don't ask for it, and they get their email receipts, you can't get it from Square. nope. 

Message 2 of 3
Alumni

That's correct. Per our privacy policy, we're currently unable to share any contact information that buyers enter into the Square system (e.g.: email addresses for receipts).

However, if you obtain customer contact information, and add it directly to the sale or your Customer Directory, that information is accessible in your online dashboard anytime. This article explains the steps to add customer information to your Customer Directory from the Square app. Also, depending on the payment card, you can also see a customer's name on the bottom-left corner of a payment receipt. To look up receipts, log into your Square Dashboard, and click "Transactions."

I hope this information helps a little bit! 

Message 3 of 3