x

How do I redeem the $10 for the free magstripe reader?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How to apply my coupon for $10]

When I purchased my square at target it said that I get $10 back! Can you help with that 

Message 1 of 56
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Garrettreta!

When you purchased your reader, there was a white Quick Start Guide inside the packaging of the reader.
The redemption code should be printed on the inside. 

You can enter that redemption code here, and we’ll send $10 to your linked bank account.

Please get in touch with us by phone or email if you experience any difficulties with this process.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 29 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Can’t find $10 credit after submitting redemption code

Message 22 of 56
Alumni

The $10 reimbursement is found in Transfer reports, usually on a separate line named Other

Reach out to CS if you need help locating it. 

@Baileygirl1 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 56

I don't see my redeemed $10 in transfer reports.

Message 24 of 56
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LeahO - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Due to the public nature of The Seller Community we are unable to access specific account details through The Community. For assistance with your account, Feel free to send send a message using this contact form. Our support team will be happy to assist in resolving the matter on your account. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 25 of 56

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "$10 Redemption" The author has been notified via email.

Where do I enter the redemption code on square I cant find where to enter it...

Message 26 of 56

I bought a reader from a retailer. I can't figure out how to enter the redemption code.

Message 27 of 56
Admin

Hello @Terreciel! Here are the steps to enter your redemption code online.

If you're still having trouble you can reply here and I'll ask our team to follow up with you by email to help!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 28 of 56
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Garrettreta!

When you purchased your reader, there was a white Quick Start Guide inside the packaging of the reader.
The redemption code should be printed on the inside. 

You can enter that redemption code here, and we’ll send $10 to your linked bank account.

Please get in touch with us by phone or email if you experience any difficulties with this process.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 29 of 56

Was wondering how you get the money back I did the code thing and signed in does it automatically get put into my acct on file?

Message 30 of 56

Hey @Lrobles!

It looks like @isabelle provided the link above for where to enter your redemption code.

It'll go to your Square balance as a deposit and gets transferred back to you that way. 

Ashley C
Message 31 of 56

Hello, so i applied the redemption code to get the $10 back, but how do i actually get it back?

Message 32 of 56
Admin

Hi @plxgves! Welcome to the Square family!

You should see the $10 show up in your linked bank account within 1-2 business days after you enter the redemption code. If it's been longer than that, don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team. They'll be able to check it out for you!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 33 of 56
Beta Member

Hello,

I don't see the Redemption Code on the inside of the white Quick Start guide.  It does mention the $10 redemption, but doesn't say how to get it.  Please advise.

Thank you!

Message 34 of 56

Hey there, @JulesM

Where did you purchase that reader?

You should see a code that starts with a US - as the redemption code. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply.

Kassi
Message 35 of 56
Beta Member

Hi,

I just found it - thank you so much for your help!

Jules

Message 36 of 56

No problem, @JulesM! Glad you got this one solved. Feel free to reach back out if you have any additional questions. We are here to help! 

Joe
Message 37 of 56

I have entered my redemption code about 2 days ago and still have not seen the $10 credit to my balance.

Message 38 of 56

my redemption code is not working...what do i do?

Message 39 of 56

Hello @mjscuto ,

Thank you for reaching out. We see its your first post in the Seller Community, congrats! 

If you already received a reader from us for free prior, with this account or any other, you will not be eligible for a redemption. 

However if this is your first reader and you have never ordered one prior, please reach out to our Customer Success for further assistance. 

Hope this helps!

Frida
Message 40 of 56

Hi, can you tell me approximately how long I should expect it to take for the $10 to be deposited into my account? Does it go straight into my linked bank account or into my Square balance to be transferred over to my bank account?

Message 41 of 56

Hi @JB_Potter - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

The $10 reimbursement will be transferred to the linked bank account based ob the transfer schedule that you have for your regular deposits. For example, if you have regular transfers, your funds will be transferred within 1-2 business days. But if you have Same day transfers, you'd see the $10 in your account instantly at the end of day.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 42 of 56