x

Test Partial Payments in the Invoices Request Deposit Beta

Admin

Test Partial Payments in the Invoices Request Deposit Beta

Hey everyone!

I’m excited to announce that we’ve rolled out a beta for accepting partial payments with Square Invoices!

This new feature will allow you to create a single invoice and track multiple payments on that invoice. This may also be useful for those of you who want to accept a deposit and collect the rest of the amount due later.

We know this is a feature many of you have been waiting for, so I hope you’ll help us test it out!

To join the beta click 'Reply' immediately below this post, leave a comment to let me know you’re interested, and I’ll enable it for your account.

By using partial payments and providing us feedback, you will directly influence and improve the Square Invoices product. So please share your reactions and input.

Cheers,

Howard, Square Beta Team

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Test Partial Payments in the Invoices Request Deposit Beta - Status changed to: Implemented

Great news! This feature is now live and will be rolled out to everyone in the next week! Instructions for how to request deposits in this post.

1,247 Comments
Beta Member

Please enable for my account!!! Ive asked twice already. Im desperate

Beta Member

Ive asked twice and Im still waiting so Im curious as well

Sign me up, please!

Hi, and yes I'm interested in the partial payment beta, I'm a contractor and a lot of times I have to record a partial payment for a down deposit and the rest when the job is complete. So please activate this feature to my account.

Mike

Alumni

Hi @Paralegalsftc - You can find the instructions on how to join the beta in Howard's follow up post on the first page of this thread.

We've been using the partial payment beta for a while now.  So far we haven't had any technical issues with it but, would like to offer our feedback:

1. Needs cross-platform support between iOS point of sale and PC terminal invoicing.  We have customers that pay the deposit via email invoice link and then come in to our store to pick up the completed order and want to pay the balance in person.

2. Need the ability to take multiple partial payments towards an order

3. Need to have more control of the balance due date feature including the ability to turn off the due date.

Thanks!

Mike

Thread Ready

Beta Member

Hi Puka, thanks for your response. I did all that. I would still need a private invitation link from him in order to proceed. Am I doing it wrong?

I would like to be a part of this as well! A lot of my buisness comes to me as a custom order and I take a down payment with the rest due upon completion so this would help TREMENDOUSLY!! Thank you!

The title of this thread has been updated from: "For Howard the Admin..."

Hello Howard!

There is a very active Thread going on regarding making Partial Payments. Many of us have replied to the Thread in hopes that the Beta funtionality can be turned on or us, however nobody has heard anything back.

Can you please jump in on that Thread and tell us how we can get started? I know I am struggling every day with Square not being able to accept Partial Payments and the other 90 people who've replied to that Tread seem to be as well.

Anything we can do to get an expedited answer on that, or access to the Beta tool would be greately apprecitaed!

Thanks!

Hank

Alumni

If you've already done all the steps then you're good to go. Howard typically sends out the invites weekly. He'll reach out once he's reached your account.