x
Beta Member

How to have online store receipt total sales tax?

The online store receipts print out each item's sales tax separately not as a total for the order. The amounts are correct, but I've had customers say "what are all these extra taxes?"  

Is there any way to change this behavior (receipts not customers)?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @dalaya 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you! 

This sounds interesting, indeed. Just to make sure I am understanding you correctly here - are you physically printing your receipts from Online Orders for customers to receive during pickup? And you are only seeing this discrepancy on the physical receipt and not your digital receipt copies as well, correct?

If possible, it may be helpful if you could post a copy of what you are seeing on your receipts here. We will take a deeper look for you!

I will keep an eye out for your response. Thanks!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

So, when the customer goes to check out, the shopping cart totals the sales tax on one line as expected. On the printed receipt and the transaction record in Square it breaks out sales tax for each individual item. The attached receipt reflects an order with 2 items and and 2 lines of sales tax instead of 1 line of totaled sales tax.IMG_6591.jpg

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi again, @dalaya 👋 thanks for the prompt reply. And thanks as well for sending over that photo - it is extremely helpful for us in determining where the discrepancy lays! 

I flagged this over to our Ecom teams, and they suggested that this may be an issue we need to take a deeper look at. When you get a chance, would you mind reaching out to our Support Team? They will walk through further troubleshooting and file this issue over to our Engineers if need be. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4