x

Need to import/export item images within the Item Library

Verified Answer

Just as the thread here Solved: How to import/export item images within the Item L... - The Seller Community indicates, this is a seriously needed option

10 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Need to import/export item images within the Item Library

Very nice 

Verified Answer

Re: Need to import/export item images within the Item Library - Status changed to: Not currently planned

Hey there, @dpowell7299 & @JTPets 

I have merged the older posts to your Feature Request, so our Product Team can see how long our sellers have been requesting this particular feature. 

Currently, this isn't on the roadmap to get implemented. Doesn't mean it cannot get on there in the future. 

When we get more information, we can circle back to update the status. 

Thank you! 

Verified Answer

Just as the thread here Solved: How to import/export item images within the Item L... - The Seller Community indicates, this is a seriously needed option

Verified Answer

Re: How to export items images together with the library to excel?

It's been 2 years, has this been fixed. I have almost 2000 items in my catalog.

Verified Answer

Re: How to import/export item images within the Item Library?

We have been entering these FREAKING feature requests for at least 2 years now and not a peep from you guys as to even IF you would do it.

JJ_
Verified Answer

I definitely get how you feel @IndyRick. For context, most of the features that exist in Square were made possible thanks to feedback from Sellers like you. 

It was never Square's intention to make you feel like your data is kept away from you. However, submitting a feature request puts this need front and center of our Product Team. 

Thank you for your understanding and I hope you have a great day.

Verified Answer

Sorry, I can't wait on your development timing. I am developing (PHP &MySQL) my own display application that will make use of what data you do deign to provide right now. A business case shouldn't be required for data access. FREE MY DATA.

JJ_
Verified Answer

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @alhstudio2021 At this time, exporting pictures isn't something that our team has planned. However, I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature would help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

Verified Answer

Re: How to export items images together with the library to excel?

Thank you for your reply. Please keep me posted. 

Verified Answer

How to import/export item images within the Item Library?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How to export items images together with the library to excel?]

I am trying to export my items library to my laptop excel. For some reasons the items images are not exported. Can anyone please tell me how do I do so? Thank you. 

108 Comments

I am having a heck of a time figuring out how to export my inventory WITH pictures.  More accurately, I would like to see which items do NOT have pictures loaded yet.  If there is a way to view my inventory online with pictures for each item, I cannot find that either.  Any assistance would be much appreciated so I can make sure all items have pictures loaded without going through each one at a time.

Thank you!

Square Community Moderator

Hello, 

I definitely agree that this would be an incredibly useful feature that would make item and inventory setup much easier for sellers with large item libraries, but at this time the ability to bulk import/export item images isn’t available.

Our Product Team is actively tracking this request, so keep the feedback coming. In the meantime hopefully one of your fellow sellers have a work-around that they currently use that they can share with you. 

I appreciate your response and look forward to the added functionality that this feature would bring, hopefully in the near future.  Along the same lines, this feature could be used to create physical catalogs for printout, that customers might be able to review at a trade/craft show, for instance.   That is, unless of course, you know of a plugin/addon that does just that?

Thank you very much.

Admin

Hey @Boardmancrafts, thanks for circling back. I'll be sure to share this with our Product Liaison team as well.

Regarding a feature that could be used to create a printable catalog that customers could review, the closest we can get is the option to export your item library. If any other sellers have a process or service that's worked well for them, feel free to chime in. 📣

Thanks for your patience as we're always working to improve based on seller feedback. We'll circle back with any developments or other useful workarounds.

I too would like to be able to export my inventory with the photos, is there a fix for this as of yet?

Admin

It's not possible to export your inventory with photos at this time @gabbyb!

You might be interested to read this post about feature requests and the Seller Community in the meantime.

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help. 

YESssssss!!

Please PLease pretty Please!

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Bulk Setting Item Colors/Photos

I've bulk imported about 200 items. Is there anyway to bulk set the color of the items? 

A simple spot in the spreadsheet for COLOR would be a huge help. Even better, a spot for a URL to a photo that can be imported.

Admin

@glossyf I'm afraid there isn't a way to do this but I agree it would save a lot of time! I've added your post to this thread where were tracking similar requests. Thanks for joining the Community! 

I have just learned the hard way that in 2019, they still don't have this feature. I sell kids books and I have over 2000 entries, lost all photos, which I have to put in individually and then the app crops them when is not always helpful. Very frustrated, I guess I should have just hit to update library instead of replace it. But when I did that I  had 2 entries for each item and I didn't want to delete each one. I guess I lost either way.