x

Need to import/export item images within the Item Library

Verified Answer

Just as the thread here Solved: How to import/export item images within the Item L... - The Seller Community indicates, this is a seriously needed option

10 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Need to import/export item images within the Item Library

Very nice 

Verified Answer

Re: Need to import/export item images within the Item Library - Status changed to: Not currently planned

Hey there, @dpowell7299 & @JTPets 

I have merged the older posts to your Feature Request, so our Product Team can see how long our sellers have been requesting this particular feature. 

Currently, this isn't on the roadmap to get implemented. Doesn't mean it cannot get on there in the future. 

When we get more information, we can circle back to update the status. 

Thank you! 

Verified Answer

Just as the thread here Solved: How to import/export item images within the Item L... - The Seller Community indicates, this is a seriously needed option

Verified Answer

Re: How to export items images together with the library to excel?

It's been 2 years, has this been fixed. I have almost 2000 items in my catalog.

Verified Answer

Re: How to import/export item images within the Item Library?

We have been entering these FREAKING feature requests for at least 2 years now and not a peep from you guys as to even IF you would do it.

JJ_
Verified Answer

I definitely get how you feel @IndyRick. For context, most of the features that exist in Square were made possible thanks to feedback from Sellers like you. 

It was never Square's intention to make you feel like your data is kept away from you. However, submitting a feature request puts this need front and center of our Product Team. 

Thank you for your understanding and I hope you have a great day.

Verified Answer

Sorry, I can't wait on your development timing. I am developing (PHP &MySQL) my own display application that will make use of what data you do deign to provide right now. A business case shouldn't be required for data access. FREE MY DATA.

JJ_
Verified Answer

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @alhstudio2021 At this time, exporting pictures isn't something that our team has planned. However, I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature would help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

Verified Answer

Re: How to export items images together with the library to excel?

Thank you for your reply. Please keep me posted. 

Verified Answer

How to import/export item images within the Item Library?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How to export items images together with the library to excel?]

I am trying to export my items library to my laptop excel. For some reasons the items images are not exported. Can anyone please tell me how do I do so? Thank you. 

108 Comments

How to export a library with items for an inventory with images of each item?

Admin

@partita

We're still tracking this request for the future, and definitely agree this would be an amazing product update. 

You might be interested to read this post about feature requests to better understand how your request shapes the product.

I lost some of my pictures on my computer. How do I download or export the pictures/images from my squareup account. It is currently the only place that these pictures now exist and I need them for other marketing.

Admin

Sorry about your pictures @anita3! I wish we had a way to export images from your Square account, but right now we don't have this ability. We moved your post to this thread so we can better track this request. 

Square

Hi partita! I'm Leah the Product Manager for Catalog, can you share a little more about why you want to export images via Excel? Also sent you a personal message if it's easier to connect over the phone 

Exporting pictures is definitely a feature I would be interested in.  Another thought is the ability to print to PDF a current inventory list (with picture).  Importing pictures with the items would also be extremely helpful.  If we had a bulk upload area where we could upload all item pictures, then it would be quicker to select the correct picture for each item from the bulk gallery.

Square Community Moderator

Hey there! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts in this thread. I will be sure to pass it along to our development team, but in the meantime, if you want, I would suggest following this thread so that you can be alerted if we post any updates. 

Thanks again and have a great day!

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How to export items images together with the library to excel?]

I am trying to export my items library to my laptop excel. For some reasons the items images are not exported. Can anyone please tell me how do I do so? Thank you. 

Admin

Hey @jarilynjewelry -

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

At this time there isn't a way to export the Item Library information with the images associated with the items. You'll be able to export what's included in the Spreadsheet Fields in this Support Article, which is mostly all the information on the item except for the image itself. We're still working on making an import/export feature for item photos. I'll be sure to follow up in this thread when I have an update on the feature. 

Thank you for your reply. Please keep me posted.