x

How to opt in to SMS notifications for Square Appointments after opting out?

Accidentally opted out of the Appointments SMS notifications by replying to the messages. How do  reinstate it so I receive the notifications vis SMS??

Message 1 of 52
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Carnation-E If you still have the SMS notification, could you reply again, but this time reply with the word Start?

When you do this you should see another SMS notification that says "Welcome to Square" and start receiving SMS notifications for Appointments again! 

If you've deleted the message let me know!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

I emailed customer service and was told there is no way to opt them back in without the original text message. Period no help. 

Message 43 of 52
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ADuBose!

I was able to find an existing thread in the Community on how clients can opt back in.

See the first page for how they can opt back in based on if they have the original text from before they opted out or how to check them back in for it on your Dashboard. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 44 of 52

Thanks for the link....

Message 45 of 52

Just give me a link already. Do something that’s actually helpful. 

Message 46 of 52

WOW this is really bad,  I was wanting to use this feature, but after reading this bug with not being able to get the customer back after they unsubscribe and delete the original text. This is bad

Message 47 of 52
Beta Member

Luckily, only one client out of hundreds has done this. Issue still hasn’t been resolved, even conferencing with CS and client with client giving permission to be added back, verifying her number, receiving codes to repeat, etc. nothing. Nothing worked, so we gave up. Still happy with the over all appointments system, but yea, this particular part sucks.

Message 48 of 52
Beta Member

We just ran in to this also.  If the client deleted the text thread they can not reply with START.  Can someone provide us with the text number they can text Start to? Or a setting on their customer profile to re enable notifications? 

Message 49 of 52

This sounds like a good question for our Marketing team, @brian_stl

They can take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here. Since we don't have the ability to discuss account-specific details with you openly here in the Seller Community, please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 50 of 52

I changed my phone number on square and my appointment notification for when people book are sent to my old number still, why is this happening ? And when I book online with another phone I get notification  sms to my older numebr and not the new ?

Message 51 of 52

Hey there @BespokeTrims, thanks for reaching out and letting us know this is happening! That is bizarre! 

For this inquiry, I would reach out to our Square Appointments Team to investigate further why this is happening. They will need to look at your account settings and if needed they can file a ticket. For account security, we cannot take those actions here. 

Please reach back out if you need any additional help! 

Message 52 of 52