x

How to provide a customer with annual purchase report for his business?

I have customers asking for annual reports of what they have spent for tax purposes. Where do I find this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

• Go to Sales on the left-hand menu on your dashboard
  • Click on Transactions tab at the top of your page
  • Define the time period, enter the last four of the customer's card number, then press Enter
  • Export to a CSV file, and edit to total

If you need an official 1099-K, you can find it here, and fill it out accordingly.  

Good luck!

Message 2 of 6

What if they pay some card, some cash?

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

Then they are responsible for keeping their receipts.  You have no way to track a cash sale.  If they're a business, they should be keeping their receipts anyway.  Same as you and I.

Message 4 of 6

If I'm the one invoicing them and they have paid in full regardless of the type of payment method, how do I still create an annual summary of all of their paid invoices for a year? I'd also like to know customer totals by year also which was always very easy in QuickBooks. Any ideas?

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

@GoodNeighborsFL ;

I do not use the Invoicing feature with Square, but you may want to log into your Square Dashboard - Scroll down along the Right Side to In under the Heading All Products to you get to Payments, click that and select Invoices.  See if there is a report there for customer payments received or that you can filter it by customers. I use QuickBooks for my Accounting and Square is more so for being able to accept Credit Cards as Payments and track your Income.  Which an Invoice I think would qualify as a Source of Income.  The only other Idea I have is to see if you can filter out your Transactions Reports for either Invoices or Customers or Both.  

Since I have not done any Invoices with Square I can not see what reports are like for an invoice, just giving some ideas where maybe to look in Square.  What else I have been doing is when I do create an Invoice for my Wholesale customers I save a PDF copy in a folder by wholesaler and Year.  This way I can send them all their Paid invoices so they can add them up for their totals.   This is on top of the invoices in QBs.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 6 of 6