x

How to remove address from footer of customer receipt?

Need to remove or worst case edit the address seen on the footer of the customer receipt. It currently shows my personal address and number and I need to remove this! Ideas? 

Message 1 of 10
Report Inappropriate Content
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

If you mean digital receipts, this is not possible, you must be identifiable through digital receipts and  mailing lists therefore the address is imperative and must be displayed, however you can stop it displaying your personal phone number.

If this has answered your question mark it as best answer to support others looking for a solution to this issue! 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks so much for checking @MJD! Yes, if it's the digital receipts/email confirmation, the settings would be a bit different. 

If you are using the Square Online site, you can edit this by going to your Square Online site overview, then click into Communications > Email & Text Alerts

Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 09.11.17.png

At the top, you should see Email sender profile. Click edit.

Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 09.11.48.png

Depending on whether or not you have a profile setup, you can either Add New or Edit an existing profile. This will allow you to change the information that appears at the footer, including changing your address to a more generic one (for example, London, United Kingdom rather than your home address) and remove your phone number.

Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 09.12.07.png

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hi @Stylise11, welcome to the Seller Community!

There should be an option to hide your location details on your receipt. To do so, make sure you're signed in to your Square Dashboard before heading to Account & Settings > Business > Receipt.

From here, scroll down to Business. There should be a blue toggle next to Show location which you can turn off. 

Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 18.03.15.png

To remove your persona phone number (or change it to the business phone number), just click Edit details,

Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 18.04.06.png

Once everything has been updated, click Save and the information should no longer appear on customers' receipt.

I hope this will help!

Tra
Message 2 of 10
Super Seller

Best Answer

If you mean digital receipts, this is not possible, you must be identifiable through digital receipts and  mailing lists therefore the address is imperative and must be displayed, however you can stop it displaying your personal phone number.

If this has answered your question mark it as best answer to support others looking for a solution to this issue! 

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 3 of 10

Thank you both for answering. OK So how do I 

A. Remove my number?

B. Change the address (not remove)? Its not under location as I have a different address listed here. I'm assuming its somewhere related to my payment set up as it is displaying my billing add...

Message 4 of 10
Super Seller

Iโ€™m not 100% sure, but as Tra is likely no longer on her shift, and wonโ€™t be back till morning, Iโ€™ll tag in @Helen to get an answer to you quicker : ) 

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 5 of 10
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks so much for checking @MJD! Yes, if it's the digital receipts/email confirmation, the settings would be a bit different. 

If you are using the Square Online site, you can edit this by going to your Square Online site overview, then click into Communications > Email & Text Alerts

Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 09.11.17.png

At the top, you should see Email sender profile. Click edit.

Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 09.11.48.png

Depending on whether or not you have a profile setup, you can either Add New or Edit an existing profile. This will allow you to change the information that appears at the footer, including changing your address to a more generic one (for example, London, United Kingdom rather than your home address) and remove your phone number.

Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 09.12.07.png

I hope this will help!

Tra
Message 6 of 10
Super Seller

Hi Tra, 

I was trying to update my email footer as you noted above to make it Leicestershire, United Kingdom, however it does make you add a street address and postcode, so this information is slightly inaccurate.

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 7 of 10
Admin

Hey @MJD, sorry I missed this! While the Street Address and Postal Code field are required, you should be able to keep it pretty generic. For example, here's what I have set up on my test account (and was able to save this).

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 09.26.10.png

Let me know if this still throw up an error for you and I can definitely look into it further!

Tra
Message 8 of 10

Just to add to this discussion - does anyone know how you avoid the address lines being split over lines on the till receipt.

So currently it has 

Company Name 123 Street

Road, Anytown,

I have tried editting the address, adding extra spaces etc... with no joy.

County, Postcode

when ideally it would look better with

Company Name

123 Street Road,

Anytown,

County, Postcode

Message 9 of 10
Admin

Hey @Mike30, thanks for sharing this! Unfortunately, there isn't a way to edit the address lines alignment to avoid it being split over lines on the till receipt at the moment, but it's something I can definitely share with the appropriate team so they can look into it. 

Tra
Message 10 of 10