x
Beta Member

How to restock from a canceled comp order

I had someone ask for some soaps for a donation for a raffle. I ran a transaction with a 100% discount/cash so it would update my inventory. After doing that, they decided not to do the raffle. I cannot "refund and restock" the transaction since it was marked cash for $0. Do I just have to go back into inventory and act like I got fresh stock to put those back in or is there a way to work around a "refund?" Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MHGS - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I'm going to consult with the Square for Retail Team on this one to get the best answer for you. I'll reach back out to you here once I gather more info!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @MHGS - Hope you had a good weekend! I appreciate your patience here while awaiting my reply.

Here's what the Square Retail Team let me know: "Our system doesn't allow for an automated restock for a comped item because we don't allow comped items to be refunded. The best workaround would be a manual inventory adjustment."

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3