x

How to restrict Square Appointments scheduling to only certain dates?

I am trying to limit appointment booking to certain dates only for a special event. How do  Ichoose dates, when setting up appoinments scheduler in Square cash?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@Meganswanson - There isn't currently a way to do this. 😕  I can definitely see how this would be a useful feature though!

As for how to block out time, when you navigate to the Calendar tab of your Appointments Dashboard, you have the option to Create Appointment. Once selected, if you look towards the center right, you'll see Personal Event. You can use this feature to block out available time. Here's a screenshot:

Hope this helps!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Admin

Hey @garima, thanks for reaching out. If this is for select dates, you might want to set up bookable hours as a personal event in your Appointments account. Take a look at this article for next steps.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to bring them up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 27

I'm trying to do the same thing regarding a special event, restrict dates to one weekend for appointments.  I didn't understand how the personal event would allow this.  Is there a way to simply open one weekend on the calendar (ie business hours are this weekend only).

Message 3 of 27
Square

Best Answer

@Meganswanson - There isn't currently a way to do this. 😕  I can definitely see how this would be a useful feature though!

As for how to block out time, when you navigate to the Calendar tab of your Appointments Dashboard, you have the option to Create Appointment. Once selected, if you look towards the center right, you'll see Personal Event. You can use this feature to block out available time. Here's a screenshot:

Hope this helps!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 27

I have the same request, I want to set events that my client can only pick appointments for that date, however it will not let me do that with services.  I have events like Photo shoots with Santa that will only be for one day, or a photo shoot at a park that will only be for selected dates, but when scheduling my clients see the full calendar not just that day, which is what I want them to see.

How can I get this to work 

Message 5 of 27

Thanks but I can't figure out how to make it available time.........

Message 6 of 27
Admin

@capecesmile Are you having trouble following @ Sean's steps listed above?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 27

It doesn't look like Sean's directions will achieve what we're looking for.

Message 8 of 27
Admin

Hey @JRobStudios.

I want to make sure we're in the right thread and offering you the right instructions.

What exactly are you looking to do within Square Appointments? Let me know so I can look into this for you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 9 of 27

Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm trying to do the same thing...

Message 10 of 27

Did you ever figure out if this was possible to do? Trying to do the same thing. Thanks! 

Message 11 of 27

Is there a way to restrict service availability to only certain dates/times? 

Message 12 of 27
Alumni

Currently a feature request we're tracking on this relevant thread. Thanks for posting! @athorneloe

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 27

Are users able to see and/or upvote the Square Appointments feature requests? My business would also like this functionality. 

Message 14 of 27
Alumni

Commenting here in this thread is exactly how you can be sure that your voice is heard when it comes to feature requests like this, @ats_x_evo! We'll be sure to post an update here in this thread if something changes in regards to this one.

Valentina
Message 15 of 27

Hey does anyone know how to assign services to specific days? Like i want to offer zoom meetings on Thursday but not book my other services then. Anyone familiar with this? 

Message 16 of 27
Alumni

@Hopaldopal -  this is a request we've heard before but I'm afraid setting services for specific dates hasn't been implemented. But this thread provides a workaround. I merged your post to learn more. 

Justin
Message 17 of 27

Definitely would love to have this option as well. Alteration appointments only on a certain day of the week.

Message 18 of 27
Beta Member

A service that can only be booked on certain days/times is NEEDED SO BAD. I can't understand how this would be hard to implement on the back-end of coding. I would really expect after a year of covid that Square would have added this feature for businesses...

Message 19 of 27

I would also like to offer virtual consultations on one specific day a week that can be booked online by our clients.

I came on this thread looking for a how to and it looks as if this feature still hasn’t been implemented. 

Hoping squareup will respond to this thread...

Message 20 of 27

Here I am new in 2022 and this still has not progressed. Unacceptable. 

Message 21 of 27